The International Republican Institute (IRI) is a non-profit, non-partisan organization and a world leader in promoting democracy and advancing freedom. The Senior Evaluation and Research (E&R) Associate is an early career position well-suited for those looking to gain experience in monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning (MERL). The Senior/E&R Associate will also gain experience in the democracy, rights, and governance (DRG) sector as part of a team that assesses program theory, strategy, and efficacy at the Institute level. The Senior E&R Associate will provide administrative and research support to the Evidence and Learning Practice (ELP). The Senior E&R Associate will have the opportunity to build skills in evaluation management that will provide a foundation for future opportunities in monitoring and evaluation and/or DRG programmatic work.
This position will be located in IRI’s Center for Global Initiatives (The Center), which cultivates innovative, informed programming and provides resources, tools and expertise to IRI staff to advance democracy worldwide. Within The Center, the Evidence and Learning Practice (ELP) supports informed, evidence-based programs by providing support to IRI staff in program design, performance monitoring, evaluation, and research.
Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI and demonstrating the Core Values in their day-to-day operations. The Core Values, which are IRI’s foundational building blocks, include:
Excellence – We believe in quality results delivered by investing in people. Freedom – We believe in exploration and experimentation to be agile and responsive. Respect – We believe in trust, empathy and empowering people. Teamwork – We believe in diversity, inclusion, and the power of global collaboration. Transparency – We believe in open communication and clear decision. -making. Accountability – We believe in personal responsibility as the foundation of success.
IRI is seeking to hire (2) two Senior Evaluation and Research Associates.
· Undergraduate degree in political science, international relations, or a related field.
· 1-3 years of experience in international development, research and/or monitoring and evaluation.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Experience managing grants.
· Graduate degree in political science, international relations, or a related field.
· Coursework or experience in social science research methods or approaches to monitoring, evaluation, and learning (M&E or MEL).
· Understanding of either qualitative or quantitative research methods, approaches, and products
· Demonstrated training or experience in at least one democracy and governance thematic issue, including, but not limited to, political parties and elections, political inclusion, civic engagement, governance, anticorruption, political violence, or related topics.
· Experience contributing to evaluations of international development programs.
· Excellent writing skills, demonstrated in an independent writing sample from a research project or similar.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
- Support evaluations of IRI programs by contributing to research design and data collection, managing evaluation data, conducting qualitative and quantitative data analysis and contributing to writing evaluation reports.
- Provide general evaluation management support, including developing and tracking work plans and related budgets, monitoring deadlines and deliverables, and other project-related elements.
- Manage grants, including administrative support and basic financial management.
- Support learning for IRI staff and partners to disseminate evaluation results and lessons learned.
- Maintain budget trackers and liaise with finance staff to manage and update project budget pipelines based on expected and planned expenses.
- Create, track and follow-up on procurement requests, approvals and monitoring once approved.
- Serve as point of contact for procurement solicitations and compile submitted materials to facilitate the evaluation process.
- Liaise with vendors and contractors to support project goals and deliverables.
- Draft quarterly, semi-annual, final, and other relevant reports for funders.
- Provide logistical support for meetings and events and for travel.
- Perform other duties as assigned.