The International Republican Institute (IRI) is a non-profit, non-partisan organization and a world leader in promoting democracy and advancing freedom. The Senior/Evaluation and Research (E&R) Associate is an entry to early career position well-suited for those looking to gain experience in monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning (MERL). The Senior/E&R Associate will also gain experience in the democracy, rights and governance (DRG) sector as part of a team that assesses program theory, strategy, and efficacy at the Institute level. The Senior/E&R Associate will provide administrative and research support to the Evidence and Learning Practice (ELP). The Senior /E&R Associate will have the opportunity to build skills in evaluation management that will provide a foundation for future opportunities in monitoring and evaluation and/or DRG programmatic work.
IRI is seeking one candidate for this opening. Candidates may be considered, and hired, at the Senior Associate level if they demonstrate a higher level of qualifications and direct experience in the following areas: monitoring and evaluation, applied research, contracts/procurement and/or grant management. This position will be in IRI’s Center for Global Initiatives (The Center), which cultivates innovative, informed programming and provides resources, tools and expertise to IRI staff to advance democracy worldwide. Within The Center, the Evidence and Learning Practice (ELP) supports informed, evidence-based programs by providing support to IRI staff in program design, performance monitoring, evaluation, and research.
Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI and demonstrating the Core Values in their day-to-day operations. The Core Values, which are IRI’s foundational building blocks, include:
Excellence – We believe in quality results delivered by investing in people. Freedom – We believe in exploration and experimentation to be agile and responsive. Respect – We believe in trust, empathy and empowering people. Teamwork – We believe in diversity, inclusion, and the power of global collaboration. Transparency – We believe in open communication and clear decision. -making. Accountability – We believe in personal responsibility as the foundation of success.
· Undergraduate degree in political science, international relations or related field.
· 0-1 year of experience in international development, MEL, or related field (E&R Associate); 2-3 years of experience (Senior E&R Associate).
· Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint required. Intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- Excellent writing, research and communication skills.
- Experience with evaluation or program management basics preferred.
- Familiarity with common MEL elements such as: logic models, performance monitoring plans and indicator matrices preferred but not required (MEL Associate); familiarity with MEL elements and 0-1 years of MEL experience required (Sr. MEL Associate).
- Experience with basic qualitative analysis preferred.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
- Supports evaluations of IRI programs worldwide by managing evaluation data, conducting basic qualitative and quantitative data analysis, and contributing to evaluation reports
- Provides general evaluation management support, including developing and tracking work plans, monitoring deadlines and deliverables, and other project-related elements.
- Support evaluation grant management, including administrative support and basic financial management.
- Support learning for IRI staff and partners to disseminate evaluation results and lessons learned.
- Contribute to evaluation report writing and finalization efforts as part of the evaluation process.
- Maintain budget trackers and liaise with accounting staff to manage and update project budget pipelines based on expected and planned expenses.
- Track and follow-up on pending procurement requests, approvals and monitoring once approved.
- Serve as point of contact for procurement solicitations and compile submitted materials to facilitate the evaluation process.
- Liaise with vendors and contractors to support project goals and deliverables.
- Draft quarterly, semi-annual, final and other relevant reports for funders.
- Provide logistical support for meetings and events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.