This internship is located within the Resource Development Department, whose purpose is to establish strong, mutually-beneficial connections between the community and the IRC in Atlanta order to garner monetary, in-kind and volunteer resources for refugee clients. The Communications Intern will work closely with the Communications Coordinator towards these goals in order to enhance the IRC in Atlanta’s ability to meet refugee client needs.
This position requires a minimum of 15 hours a week for at least three months.
- Provide data collection and research including tracking all forms of media coverage, events, and issues.
- Draft written materials for internal and external communications.
- Draft newsletters, flyers, graphics, and marketing materials.
- Create content for social media channels.
- Update and maintain coalition website and social media.
- Support special events as needed.
- Provide administrative support as needed and maintain contact databases.
- Assist with other Resource Development needs such as donation management, external communications, and fundraising.
- Attend and actively participate in staff meetings and special staff development programs.
- An interest in international and refugee issues.
- Effective communication and writing skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Creativity and initiative to follow through on projects.
- A strong desire to help people and enthusiasm to work in a multi-cultural setting.
- Prior experience in a non-profit setting a plus.
- Prior relevant coursework preferred.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.