The Refugee Employment Administrative intern provides administrative and clerical support to the IRC Atlanta’s Employment team as they work to find employment for adult refugee job seekers. The Refugee Employment Administrative intern ensures that all data entry is complete, case files are maintained, and that the employment program is in compliance with donor regulations.
- Assist Employment Specialists in the creation and maintenance of case files.
- Assist Employment Specialists by entering case notes pertaining to client service.
- Conduct data entry and ensure that data is accurate and up-to-date in tracking systems.
- Research potential employers and community partners as it pertains to Employment clients.
- Provide general administrative support for Economic Empowerment team.
- Strong interest in administrative and clerical work.
- Proven ability to work with consideration and respect for cross-cultural differences.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office programs and internet research.
- Enthusiasm for helping people to learn and demonstrated professionalism.
- Interns must be able to work at least 15 hours a week for at least three months
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.