BACKGROUND: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. At work in over 40 countries and 24 U.S. cities to restore safety, dignity and hope, the IRC leads the way from harm to home. The IRC in Atlanta office was established in 1979 and has resettled over 27,000 refugees from 67 countries into the Greater Atlanta area. As the largest refugee resettlement agency in Georgia, the IRC in Atlanta resettles an average of 250 refugees into Georgia annually and provides additional services and assistance to another 2,500 refugees, immigrants and asylees.
SCOPE OF GRANT COMPLIANCE & DATA INTERN WORK: Work with Grant Compliance & Data team to provide analysis, evaluation, and oversight to ensure compliance within the IRC Atlanta office. Assist with administrative tasks, maintain monitoring & evaluations systems, and various other related duties.
· Prepare and/or review information and reports for internal and external stakeholders.
· Develop and modify policies/procedures/systems in accordance with government regulations and organizational needs and objectives.
· Assist in preparations for external monitoring visits, reviews, and audits.
· Maintain compliance tracking metrics and databases monthly and generate reports.
· Assist with file compliance and maintenance for IRC Atlanta programs.
· Operations tasks as assigned.
- Attention to detail, critical thinking skills, time management skills, and ability to work independently.
- Good research, data management, and statistical analysis skills.
- Able to communicate professionally with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Applications, high proficiency in Excel and Word required.
- Background in social work or related fields preferred.
- Must feel comfortable with a remote internship setting (communicating exclusively online).
- Ability to commit at least 12 hours per week.
Check with your Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting to determine how you might do this internship for credit.
For more information, please contact VolunteerATL@Rescue.org. To learn more about us, please visit the IRC website at www.Rescue.org/Atlanta