This internship is located within the Resource Development Department, whose purpose is to establish strong, mutually beneficial connections between the community and the IRC in Atlanta order to garner monetary, in-kind and volunteer resources for refugee clients. The Volunteer and Grant Coordination Intern will work closely with the Volunteer Coordinator and Development Coordinator towards these goals in order to enhance the IRC in Atlanta’s ability to meet refugee client needs.
This position requires a minimum of 15 hours a week for at least three months.
- Assist with outreach and recruitment efforts with community groups, students, and other organizations.
- Recruit, screen, orient, train and match volunteers and interns with available opportunities.
- Assist in updating volunteer and intern resource information.
- Assist with activities related to volunteer recruitment, training, and retention, and coordinating events such as volunteer appreciation and Thanksgiving Feast.
- As needed, will assist Development Coordinator in grant research and help with proposal development.
- Assist with other Resource Development needs such as donation management, external communications, and fundraising.
- Attend and actively participate in staff meetings and special staff development programs.
- Effective communication and writing skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Creativity and initiative to follow through on projects.
- A strong desire to help people and enthusiasm to work in a multi-cultural setting.
- Background in social work, nonprofit or related fields preferred.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.