POSITION: ISPP is seeking a part-time Assistant Administrator to assist to assist the Executive Director in the operations of the organization. ISPP staff work remotely, so applicants can be located anywhere, but must have reliable Internet access, and be able to work Monday-Friday with at least four hours per day overlapping with the hours of the Central Office in the Eastern Time Zone (UTC-4 during Daylight Savings Time, UTC-5 the rest of the year), to collaborate with the Executive Director. Please note that this is a professional support position, not an academic teaching or research position.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
● Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Business Administration, Non-profit Association Management, Event or Hospitality Management, Marketing, International Relations; Political Science, Psychology, or other applicable area of social science study
● At least one year work experience or equivalent in relevant administrative or project management positions
● Professional level of English proficiency (excellent spoken, written, reading skills)
● Proficiency in Windows, Microsoft Office programs
● Skills in accounting, database management, conference management, web site management (in Word Press, HTML), social media, data analysis, marketing (to include events promotion and digital marketing), survey management, and YouTube channel management
● Self-discipline and ability to work from home during structured working hours without significant interruptions or distractions
● Ability to travel internationally for approximately one week in July each year for the ISPP Annual Conference (expenses covered)
● Dedication to the purpose and activities of ISPP
● Willingness to perform administrative tasks along with more involved assignments, and ability to assume primary responsibility for certain functions of the organization
● Team player with the ability and willingness to work with persons from a wide range of diverse backgrounds, including nationalities, cultures, ethnicities, religions, gender identification, and others
● Excellent listening and critical thinking skills
● Flexibility and ability to shift focus and tasks as needed
● Ability to think on one’s feet when challenges arise, take initiative, and propose potential solutions
APPLICATION/INTERVIEWS: The application process is open now and will continue until the position is filled. First-round interviews will be with the Executive Director and will be conducted via Zoom Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM-5:30 PM Eastern (UTC-4). Please apply via Handshake or submit resume and letter of interest to ISPP’s Executive Director, Severine Bennett, at firstname.lastname@example.org.