The Desktop Support Intern position relies on the use of predefined issue resolution techniques, procedures and sequential routines to handle and resolve issues. May use or have access to a knowledge base system or equivalent pre-established and defined guidelines as a resource in determining the appropriate method of resolving end user’s computer issues. We support the IPG Corporate office adhering to solid desktop software and computer hardware standards. As a result, the analyst is expected to perform in a most professional manner.
- Provide day-to-day problem resolution related to desktop workstations printer, peripheral and network issues that cannot be resolved by the Enterprise Service Desk (ESD).
- Installs software and/or hardware peripherals, apply security patches and anti-virus updates
- Troubleshoots problems by applying established techniques, procedures and specific standards set by Engineering and FSO Team
- Resolves end user’s desktop computer issues, issuing/tracking loaner hardware, printer trouble shooting and configuration
- Support end users remotely by responding email and personnel requests for technical support.
- Documents, tracks and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- The position holder should have a working knowledge of Mac OS X, Windows 10 and MS Office. software and hardware equipment, as well as the ability to analyze and solve routine and semi-routine computer problems.
- Experience in troubleshooting hardware, software, network and remote access problems is desirable.
- Person must be working toward obtaining a bachelor’s degree
- Previous help desk or desktop experience a plus
40 hours per week July 1 – August 31, 20 hours per week Sept 1 – December 30.
To Apply: send resume and cover letter to: ipgrecruitingCorpsvs-IT@Interpublic.com
Please include the Job title in the subject line of your email