The Interpublic Group of Companies is looking for an undergraduate student to join for a 10-12 week full-time summer internship with the purpose to assist the GSA Sr. Project Manager in the coordination of the multiple ongoing initiatives.
- Support the facilitation of cross-functional governance activities including event/meeting planning, communication, and project/program management.
- IT governance activities include the facilitation of all Global IT Governance meetings and forums, including monthly IT Leadership Team meeting and bi-weekly IT Process improvements meeting,
- Project/Program Management will include support for project/program status reporting through governance forums.
- This role will also facilitate process improvement and documentation for IT services (i.e. action items from the bi-monthly process improvement meetings.).
- Provide assistance in project management planning, tracking and execution for various projects across functional teams.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have completed at least two years at an accredited four year college/university
- IT background and/or project management experience preferred
- General understanding of the software development lifecycle
- General understanding of the Project Management methodologies
- Computer proficient; Microsoft Office Suite experience required.
- Must be able to work in a team oriented environment and exhibit a “can do” – helpful attitude General Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle
- Ability to organize work, manage time and follow through.
- Dependability, mastering small details, and ability to follow/interpret procedures in a fast paced, work environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to exercise judgment to shift priorities and organize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Self-starter and high interest in learning new skills and business concepts
- Ability to work independently and proactively
To Apply: send resume and coverletter to: ipgrecruitingCorpsvs-IT@Interpublic.com
Please include the Job title in the subject line of your email