Who are we?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces, with products that bridge the digital and physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information and content to enrich our everyday journeys and elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with groundbreaking technology to design, develop, deliver, and maintain unique products and experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, and consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting and travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents and visitors, or private developers to craft unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods and districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
What is the Role?
Intersection’s groundbreaking smart cities technologies are made possible by strategic relationships with brands and advertisers. We are home to the nation’s fastest growing out-of-home media company and are looking for a Summer Intern to join our dynamic advertising sales team! We are seeking an upbeat, energetic, and self-motivated Sales Intern to join the Client Success Team. This is a fast-paced, detail-oriented, and varied role that is perfect for someone who wants to gain experience in sales support within the media/advertising world. The ideal candidate will have outstanding interpersonal skills, a drive to learn and the ability to learn & perform sales support responsibilities and thrive within a team environment. Above all, this individual will provide support to their Sales Account Executive(s) in conjunction with the current Sales support, improve the sales cycles by activating new processes and ensure we live by “The Intersection Way,” maintaining a collaborative and consultative effort with our clients.
Within your first 4-weeks:
- Build strong relationships with your Manager, Account Executives and Client Success teammates
- Onboard and train with the Client Success team across all markets
- Take a deep dive into learning Intersection’s media and advertising offerings
- Be exposed to all departments within Intersection and experience how they are part of the sales cycle
Within your first 8-weeks:
- Support Account Executives and the Client Success team by assisting in generating and processing contracts, proposals, and presentations that enable Intersection to scale rapidly and continuously grow revenue
- Assist in managing all requests necessary to generate a contract or respond to a Request for Proposal (RFP), including inventory requests, inventory holds, media plans, and more
- Interact in daily communication with our clients and agencies as well as liaise with internal teams to ensure campaign success
- Assist in handling invoicing requests and billing inquiries
Within your 12-weeks:
- Develop a reputation for being a solid resource and develop the foundational knowledge of Intersection’s business model and the various media products and assets
- Communicate professionally with internal resources and clients to ensure a smooth & positive customer service experience
You’re great for this role because:
- Have a degree from an Accredited Institution and/or are currently a student at an Accredited Institution
- Can multi-task a number of different items
- Enjoy collaborating with people to get work done, but know when to take ownership of a task
- Demonstrate a high level of accountability for both your work and the work of your team
- Have strong attention to detail and can spot and fix errors
- Work fast but thoughtfully, and make suggestions for efficiencies along the way
- Have knowledge of Adobe and Microsoft Office Suite and do not mind detail oriented work utilizing these tools
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Consistent with our mission of serving a diverse and global audience, we value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture which reflects that. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.