Who are we?
Place Exchange is the first and only true programmatic platform for Out of Home (OOH) and Place-Based media, connecting digital marketers to consumers in physical space. The average consumer spends 70% of their time outside of the home, and thanks to the rapid proliferation of digital displays in cities and venues around the world, Digital Out of Home (DOOH) is one of the fastest growing media channels. We partner with premium publishers across the U.S. (and soon around the world), offering unprecedented scale, brand safety, and bottom-line results for advertisers. Our patented technology enables our DSP partners to unify workflow, creatives, reporting, and attribution for OOH with the rest of the digital advertising ecosystem.
What is the Role?
The ideal candidate to join the Place Exchange Engineering team this summer is hungry to learn everything they can about software development, is a capable developer and team player, and is looking to get exposure to a rapidly scaling startup. You’ll be joining a team of full stack engineers, evolving our programmatic platform that currently processes 10s of millions of ad auctions per day.
Some of the things you’ll do:
- Ship small to medium features independently
- Pair with senior engineers on the team to help deliver key initiatives
- Document the features that you are building
- Learn best practices for shipping good software, including comprehensive testing, CI/CD hygiene and code instrumentation
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Currently pursuing a higher-education degree with experience developing software in one or more mainstream programming languages
- Write clean, well-thought out code that follows community or team conventions and standards
- Have willingness to learn and use new technologies and touch any system to accomplish your goals
- Have focus on or want to learn software engineering best practices such as testing, static analysis, continuous integration, delivery, and deployment
- Have strong problem solving, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Have the ability to work independently (we don’t like to micromanage, we trust our people to make good decisions and spend their time wisely!)
- Communicate effectively across groups, locations and cultures, in-person and virtually
Some technology and tools we use:
- AWS Lambda, Kubernetes for running our applications
- Postgres, S3, Elasticsearch, Dynamo as data stores
Perks and benefits:
- Competitive hourly rate
- Work with a mentor through your internship to help understand and deliver value to Place Exchange
- WFH stipend to set up your home office
Even if you don’t meet all of the qualifications, please apply anyway. We’d love to hear from you! Send us your resume and a few lines in a cover letter explaining why this role and Place Exchange would be a great fit for you.