Position Purpose: Apply your knowledge of engineering design and technical problem solving to manufacturing solutions as a Co-Op within Intertape Polymer Group. As a Co-Op, you will get hands on experience from concept to building world class machines that meet our clients needs. You may travel to our top clients across the country to assist in the design of manufacturing processes, help manage projects, develop facilities, and impact the world by conducting yourself with integrity in pursuit of your personal and professional goals. This role will challenge you to be a passionate and successful business family member all while expanding your technical abilities. During the Co-Op term, you will get the opportunity to work in the office as well as on-site to assist with engineering, assembly, installation, start-up, and commissioning related activities. Our goal is to give each student the opportunity to experience the responsibilities of a full-time engineer at IPG – Nortech Packaging and better understand how industrial solutions are applied in industry. This experience requires excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and requires the ability to simultaneously organize and successfully execute multiple project responsibilities. Candidates need to possess good communication and interpersonal skills, flexibility with tasks, and the ability to interact with all levels of management, clients, and vendors.
1. Support Design Group project teams and learn to interface with on-site and remote cross functional project teams, as well as with venders, and contractors to accomplish design, procurement, installation, and commissioning related phases of project scopes under mentorship of senior engineers.
2. Conduct a variety of tasks that could include but are not limited to designing packaging lines, engineering drawings and calculations, electrical engineering, control panel design, PLC programming and HMI development, Vendor/contractor management, inspections, process mechanical design, process equipment and installation specifications, construction drawings, resolve engineering change request notices, and requests for information. (Specific job responsibilities dependent on degree program.)
Essential Skills and Experience
· Pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree plan in one of the following majors: Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering (Structural concentration), or equivalent related ABET certified degree plan.
· Junior or Senior standing preferred
· Previous internship/co-op experience related to engineering, consulting, programming, facility design, construction management, process design, drafting, or architecture are a plus.
· Demonstrated leadership and/or participation in campus/community service activities is preferred.
· Some experience in the use of AutoCAD and/or Revit, SolidWorks, or 3D facility modeling software is preferred (either academic or professional)
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
· Willing and able to travel as necessary for project requirements to include but not be limited to project installation and start-up activities, client meetings, company-sponsored meetings, training, industry-related seminars, forums, or conventions, etc.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Team-oriented and collaborative – general focus on pleasing the customer.
· Creative-thinking and problem-solving skills
· Maintain current knowledge of competitive technologies and the ability to learn new technologies.
· Aptitude and willingness to be a self-starter.
· Willingness to work as required to meet schedules.