Digital Sales and Strategy Intern
IZEA’s workforce is 100% remote and the ideal candidate thrives with the freedom and flexibility this structure provides.
Do you have a passion for social media and influencer marketing? We are searching for an ambitious Intern who excels in all things internet and will help support our sales and strategy efforts in a fast-moving environment.
You will have the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of influencer campaigns and get an in-depth understanding of the influencer marketing landscape.
The best Digital Sales and Strategy interns are genuinely excited about influencer marketing and the evolving industry. They are patient, motivated, and great communicators. If you’re looking to start a career in marketing, advertising, sales, strategy or social media, this is the internship for you!
IZEA Worldwide, Inc. (“IZEA”) is a marketing technology company providing software and professional services that enable brands to collaborate and transact with the full spectrum of today’s top social influencers and content creators. The company serves as a champion for the growing Creator Economy, enabling individuals to monetize their content, creativity, and influence.
IZEA launched the industry’s first-ever influencer marketing platform in 2006 and has since facilitated nearly 4 million transactions between online buyers and sellers. Leading brands and agencies partner with IZEA to increase digital engagement, diversify brand voice, scale content production, and drive highly-measurable return on investment.
IZEA is a microcap public company traded on NASDAQ. The company has raised $25.7 million and traded over $1B in stock in 2020. We have launched two new software platforms this year and we are seeking a new executive to join our leadership team as we embark on our next stage of growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity in our team members.
We’re looking for Undergraduate Juniors & Seniors and Graduate-level students who are interested in a remote internship this Spring. Best fits are those majoring in or have experience in the following areas: Marketing, PR, Advertising or Communications.
You will report to an Account Director who works closely with clients to earn their Influencer Marketing business.
- Currently recruiting for Spring 2022 (January – May)
- All IZEA internships are for-credit-only arrangements
- Students must receive academic credit for the internship, please confirm with your school that this is available
- NDA paperwork will need to be signed by students
- Availability for at least 15-20 hours a week
- Relevant work assignments (individual and group) across IZEA departments including Client Development, Campaign Management, Influencer Ecosystem and Customer Service,
- Personnel, time and equipment to assist interns
- An assessment of individual interns at the end of the program
As a Digital Sales and Strategy Intern, you will gain experience with:
- Industry research to determine when accounts have transitioned agencies, new products/programs are launching, etc.
- Aid in client prospecting and custom pitch creation when needed
- Assist Account Directors (AD) in major client meeting preparation
- Shadow ADs on phone calls and online presentations
- Research competitors that clients mention or could be considering to be able to articulate IZEA benefits over those competitors
- Gathering consumer research, including social media usage, purchase behavior, interests, etc. across a variety of industries to incorporate into new campaign pitches and ongoing campaigns.
- Helping create guides on industry trends & best practices to share with the Client Development team. Recent examples include Social Trends Reports for TikTok and Twitch, Shifting Generational Trends, and Changes in Consumer Food and Beverage Preferences.
- Supporting the Strategy team in creative brainstorm sessions and concept ideation with Account Directors for prospective and existing campaigns.
- Being involved in reviewing and improving existing custom content objectives to meet established client goals.
You will also learn about:
- Emerging social platforms, social and marketing trends
- How to think critically about bigger marketing objectives
- The basics of influencer marketing — from research to outreach tactics and tracking
- Exposure to other cross-functional teams
- An individual with experience (0-2 years) and interest in Strategy
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Passionate about influencer marketing, content marketing, and digital strategy.
- Able to collaborate and work well within a team.
- Outstanding organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to balance multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, with an eye for prioritization
- Motivated and focused while working independently due to the virtual nature of this internship
- Candidates must be available for an internship that will run from January 2022- May 2022
- Candidates must be comfortable working remotely
- Candidates must be available for 15-20 hours per week
- Candidates must receive academic credit for the internship
- Strong Time management skills
- Problem Solver
- You have experience with SEO and familiarity with tools such as Google Analytics and SEMRush.
Why would you want to intern here?
As an intern, you have the opportunity to be part of a company that is constantly evolving in an ever-changing world. Your time here will be exciting and educational as you gain real life experience in the world of content marketing. Our interns are not used for “coffee runs”. Instead, we focus on developing skills that will further assist you in your career goals.
With IZEA, you have the opportunity to join a non-traditional corporate culture, where creativity and productivity are valued over a suit and tie. As an intern, you will be welcome to join in with all IZEA activities.We treat our interns as employees-in-training. We look to interns first when filling full-time position openings. As such, we expect interns to be hardworking, dedicated and perhaps a touch quirky.
You get the opportunity to work with the latest technology and tools that make us the best in the industry. As an intern, the work you put in will directly affect what you get out of the internship. We push each other, learn from each other, and strive to continually grow as a team.
California residents, please follow this link to view the types of information we may gather from California residents who are applicants, employees, or contractors of IZEA, and how we use such information.