JAARS Fellows is an 11-month, merit-based, professional opportunity that provides entry into a first career position, cultivates emerging leaders, and unleashes the world of missions. Fellows join JAARS staff in key positions to make Bible translation and life transformation possible.
- Develop Spiritually, Professionally, and Personally
- Receive input from a professional in your field and a spiritual and personal coach.
- Attend the Intercultural Communications Course. Learn how to further your interpersonal skills, understand differing worldviews, and deepen your relationship with God.
- Dive into Perspectives and explore God’s global purpose.
- Enjoy life skills training: everything from learning to drive a manual car to budgeting.
- Discover Waxhaw, Charlotte, and the surrounding areas with your JAARS Fellows community.
The Learning and Development Fellow will have a great opportunity working with a department that interacts with the entire JAARS campus and partners around the globe. In addition to the training and development all Fellows will receive, the Learning and Development Fellow will receive training necessary to coach others in the use of JAARS tools and applications. This fellow will support JAARS training by providing technical support for Zoom training events, creating training videos, and other tasks necessary to enhance JAARS’ global training.
- Provide support for JAARS virtual training events (e.g. serving as host for Zoom training events)
- Create training videos
- Co-facilitate interactive training modules on various topics (after receiving training in adult learning theory)
- Assist in creating training modules
- Train staff members on technology tools and other applications in use at JAARS such as Google Docs, how to provide tech support for virtual training events, and others
- Troubleshoot L&D department technology issues and provide assistance
- Assist department staff in preparing logistics for various training modules
- Other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embraces the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS
- Enjoys working with people, helpful; excellent customer-service
- Experience with creating videos (provide samples)
- Enjoys using computers and skilled in troubleshooting
- Experience with doing tech support for online learning is helpful, not required
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Fellows Program Requirements:
- Value global ministry
- At least 18 years old
- Learner attitude
- Working experience with Google Suite (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms, etc.) and Microsoft Office
- Degree programs: Media Arts, Education/Adult Education, Communications, Communications Technology, Information Technology, Audio Visual Communications, Intercultural Studies, Missions.
Please review the further information about JAARS Fellows on the website which will be linked after you click “External Application”. The application is a link at the bottom of the webpage. More information on the Fellowship is available at www.jaars.org/fellows.