Would you like to use your education or experience in youth ministry, recreational studies, or event planning to make a lasting impact on the world of missions while developing professionally, personally, and spiritually? We offer well-rounded development, genuine community, and more.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers committed to the belief—and the vision—that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
- We follow Christ’s example of sacrificial servanthood, looking first to the interest of others.
- We strive for excellence – learning and improving together.
- We are not content with the status quo. We question assumptions and seek new approaches while working hand-in-hand with global field partners to identify, design, test, refine, and implement solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training that can be sustained going forward.
We’re looking for adults in their early career stage who have completed an accredited post-secondary degree, value global ministry, and are collaborative.
The Multi-Generational Engagement (MGE) Fellow will help implement the MGE team’s current programs from beginning to end, from event development to debriefing. He or she will learn how each program is designed to contribute to the overall objectives of JAARS and play a key role in fine-tuning the programs for maximum effectiveness.
Fellows receive the following compensation and benefits:
- $10 an hour
- An eleven-month program featuring structured mentorship and ongoing professional development
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health insurance (if needed)
- Additional benefits:
- Intercultural Communications Course, a course that furthers your interpersonal skills, explains differing worldviews, and deepens your relationship with God.
- Perspectives, a course that explores God’s global purpose
- Life skills training
- Career growth with network of proven professionals
JAARS Fellows will need to live on campus in Waxhaw, NC. The area is a 40 minute drive from Charlotte, NC, and is known as one of the best places to live in North Carolina. With its mild winters, small town main street, and proximity to both urban centers and outdoor recreation, Waxhaw is the place to be.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Development opportunities in event, program, and marketing plan development.
- Networking opportunities.
- Develop community.
- Life skills training.
- 10 days PTO.
WHAT SUCCESS AS A FELLOW LOOKS LIKE:
By the end of the eleven-month fellowship, The Multi-Generational Engagement Fellow will have:
- Developed processes for multiple programs and events.
- Worked on a multi-generational team and developed necessary skills to be both an active listener and contributor on a diverse team.
- Completed/Implemented their assigned special project from the Multi-Gen Director.
- Learned applicable life skills.
- Received guidance on next steps and know which step to take toward their professional goals.
Check out more about the Multi-Generational Engagement Fellow position and apply online at www.jaars.org/fellows.