The Procurement Associate will perform essential procurement activities from purchase order (PO) issuance to the timely authorization of payment; the role will partner requesting internal Accounting and Receiving teams while collaborating with internal department team include Buyers, Procurement Specialists, Contracts and Material Management. The role ensure correct PO placement and monitor PO status for domestic and international needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Administers aspects of purchasing, in PO issuance with focused emphasis on completion, timely accuracy verification and follow through with three way match processing.
• Using NetSuite purchasing system to create a purchase order from a requisition request; may educate internal staff, departments and PO requestors on system functionality.
• Forwards purchase order to the necessary internal and external contacts for review and approval.
• Confirms accuracy of the purchase order; revising purchase order in a timely manner.
• Maintains confidentiality of pricing and other information not to be disclosed among vendors and other departments.
• In conjunction with Accounting, assists in the timely authorization of payment for purchases by forwarding receiving documentation.
• In conjunction with Receiving, verifies receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolves shipments in error with suppliers; track POs and may produce summary or status reporting on a timely basis ·
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS
- Degree in Purchasing, Inventory or Supply Chain or related discipline or equivalent experience is desirable.
- Ability to perform in a fast-tempo, high volume environment that depends on multi-tasking several duties simultaneously and with accuracy.
- Related experience in Buyer, Supply Chain, Shipping/Receiving and Purchasing to perform the essential duties of the position or the aptitude the rapidly learn and apply the knowledge to perform the tasks, responsibilities and duties.
- Technical savvy to rapidly learn Oracle NetSuite and apply the system’s functionality with confidence and operational familiarity.
- Ability to work across organizations and displaying an acumen of follow through and accuracy.
- Ability to communicate effectively and build trust with internal department stakeholders and external vendor partners.
Key Performance Competencies
Collaboration with Respect
Consistently demonstrates model teamwork; unselfishly shares knowledge and capabilities; motivates others to exceed goals; quick to listen and slow to speak; works well within teams and cross functionally within a broad organization.
Tolerance for Ambiguity
Demonstrates a calming influence in peaked chaos; responds to disruption and panic with grace and calm; finds sound reasoning and rational thinking in situations of high stress and anxiety.
Demonstrates a readiness to learn technical tools, applications and methodologies; adapts to changes in office technology; transitions from paper-based to automated systems without significant resistance.
Consistently attend to small aspects of a job that increase the overall quality of that job; delivers accuracy by being able to see the trees from the forest; completes complicated project by breaking the project into smaller, more manageable components.