JAARS Fellows is an 11-month, merit-based, professional opportunity that provides entry into a first career position, cultivates emerging leaders, and unleashes the world of missions. Fellows join JAARS staff in key positions to make Bible translation and life transformation possible.
- Develop Spiritually, Professionally, and Personally
- Receive input from a professional in your field and a spiritual and personal coach.
- Attend the Intercultural Communications Course. Learn how to further your interpersonal skills, understand differing worldviews, and deepen your relationship with God.
- Dive into Perspectives and explore God’s global purpose.
- Enjoy life skills training: everything from learning to drive a manual car to budgeting.
- Discover Waxhaw, Charlotte, and the surrounding areas with your JAARS Fellows community.
The Technology and Business Solutions Fellow will serve on the broader Technology and Business Solutions team which ensures JAARS has the technology and business processes it needs and the understanding to utilize them for maximum effectiveness. He or she will specifically work with staff members across the organization to train and support them in new technology tools. He or she will have the opportunity to work in diverse areas with the technology team including desktops, laptops, servers, networking, WiFi, project management, systems support, and systems analysis and documentation.
- Serve with the Technology and Business Solutions Team to develop solutions for business inefficiencies
- Train staff members on the Google suite of tools and other applications, including tech onboarding of new staff
- Troubleshoot staff members’ technology problems, helping them be successful with their tools
- Help non-technical individuals create technical solutions
- Create training guides and document business processes
- Other job-related duties as assigned by your manager
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embraces the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Flexible and team-oriented
- Willingness to learn and grow
- Problem-solving abilities
- Computer savvy
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Fellows Program Requirements
- Value global ministry
- At least 18 years old
- Learner attitude
- Working experience with Google Suite (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms, etc.), Zoom, Trello, Google Classroom
- Majors include Computer Science, Business, Business Process Solutions, Business Analysis, Business Management, Technical Writing, and Education
Please review the further information about JAARS Fellows on the website which will be linked after you click “External Application”. The application is a link at the bottom of the webpage. More information on the Fellowship is available at www.jaars.org/fellows.