JAARS Fellows is an 11-month, merit-based, professional opportunity that provides entry into a first career position, cultivates emerging leaders, and unleashes the world of missions. Fellows join JAARS staff in key positions to make Bible translation and life transformation possible.
- Develop Spiritually, Professionally, and Personally
- Receive input from a professional in your field and a spiritual and personal coach.
- Attend the Intercultural Communications Course. Learn how to further your interpersonal skills, understand differing worldviews, and deepen your relationship with God.
- Dive into Perspectives and explore God’s global purpose.
- Enjoy life skills training: everything from learning to drive a manual car to budgeting.
- Discover Waxhaw, Charlotte, and the surrounding areas with your JAARS Fellows community.
The Technology & Training Fellow will have a unique role, serving with multiple teams at JAARS to facilitate progress on our goals and mission. In addition to the training and development all Fellows will receive, this individual will receive technical training necessary to coach others in the use of JAARS tools and applications, and to provide technical support for Zoom training events.
- Collaborate with the Technology and Business Solutions Team to develop solutions for business inefficiencies
- Train staff members on the technological & business tools and other applications in use at JAARS
- Troubleshoot staff members’ technology problems and help non-technical individuals create technical solutions
- Collaborate with Learning & Development to create training videos and provide support for JAARS virtual training events.
- Other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embraces the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS
- Enjoys working with people, helpful; excellent customer-service
- Experience with creating videos (provide samples)
- Enjoys using computers and skilled in troubleshooting
- Experience with doing tech support for online learning is helpful, not required
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Fellows Program Requirements:
- Value global ministry
- At least 18 years old
- Learner attitude
- Working experience with Google suite (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms, etc.) and Microsoft Office
- Majors include Communications, Information Technology, Computer Science, Communications Technology, Audio Visual Communication Technologies