Would you like to use your education or experience in communications, writing, or journalism to make a lasting impact on the world of missions while developing professionally, personally, and spiritually? We offer well-rounded development, genuine community, and more.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers committed to the belief—and the vision—that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
- We follow Christ’s example of sacrificial servanthood, looking first to the interest of others.
- We strive for excellence – learning and improving together.
- We are not content with the status quo. We question assumptions and seek new approaches while working hand-in-hand with global field partners to identify, design, test, refine, and implement solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training that can be sustained going forward.
We’re looking for adults in their early career stage who have completed an accredited post-secondary degree, value global ministry, and are collaborative.
The Writing Fellow will play an integral role in the JAARS Communications department by supporting the current Communications team in researching and writing pieces for external distribution. Depending on current needs and the Fellow’s skill set, this may include journalistic and narrative pieces for the blog, informational and marketing content for both print and web, and/or social media posts. The Fellow may also assist with posting and distributing content.
Fellows receive the following compensation and benefits:
- $10 an hour
- An eleven-month program featuring structured mentorship and ongoing professional development
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health insurance (if needed)
- Additional benefits:
- Intercultural Communications Course, a course that furthers your interpersonal skills, explains differing worldviews, and deepens your relationship with God.
- Perspectives, a course that explores God’s global purpose
- Life skills training
- Career growth with network of proven professionals
JAARS Fellows will need to live on campus in Waxhaw, NC. The area is a 40 minute drive from Charlotte, NC, and is known as one of the best places to live in North Carolina. With its mild winters, small town main street, and proximity to both urban centers and outdoor recreation, Waxhaw is the place to be.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Development opportunities in interviewing, drafting articles, and content gathering.
- Development opportunities in web content and social media content management.
- Networking opportunities.
- Develop community.
- Life skills training.
- 10 days PTO.
WHAT SUCCESS AS A FELLOW LOOKS LIKE:
By the end of the eleven-month fellowship, the Writing Fellow will have:
- Researched and gathered stories and information for written pieces
- Performed interviews with JAARS staff, field partners, and other key people associated with articles
- Drafted stories, marketing materials, and/or social media posts
- Applied JAARS guidelines for messaging, sensitivity, and editing
- Revised drafts based on feedback from the editorial team and technical experts, and
- Potentially have posted blog articles, laid out new web pages, or evaluated analytics
Check out more about the Writing Fellow position and apply online at www.jaars.org/fellows.