The office assistant is responsible to attend to patients on the phone and in person, coordinate and organize appointments, prepare and deliver documentation to facilitate the smooth running of the healthcare environment and support delivery of quality patient care. Job responsibilities include and may not be limited to the following:
- Maintain confidentiality of all patient records
- Uphold the positive reputation of the company by always treating visitors in a friendly, welcoming, and compassionate manner
- Customer Service; General patient interaction and support
- Utilization of Electronic Medical Records
- Verification of benefits & necessary follow up calls
- Tracking progress notes and reevaluations for clinical
- Data entry of Clinical Functional scales into WebPT
- Review the Missed Notes log daily and print per therapist at the location
- Authorization tracking and insurance follow up
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Excel or related software.
- Possess strong organizational qualities
- Knowledge of Workers Compensation and auto claim submissions a plus
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1+ years of experience working as an administrative assistant in the health care field preferred