Compensation: This is an unpaid internship with university credit available. Check with your Internship Coordinator to determine if this opportunity meets credit requirements before applying.
Location: Livingston, NJ
Schedule: Opportunities available for SUMMER!!
- 10 hours per week
- Hybrid work schedule – in-person and virtual assignments (subject to change based CDC guidelines)
- Flexible length of term with opportunity to extend based on performance
- Minimum term is 2 months.
To Apply: Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Are you passionate about volunteerism and improving the lives of others? If you are a team player, self-starter and thrive in a fast-paced environment, then this Jersey Cares Internship is for you! Reporting directly to the Senior Manager of Service Events, Service Events Interns will gain valuable workforce experience while creating real change in the community!
We are seeking energetic individuals to help support the planning and execution of our Annual Days of Service and Collection Drives:
- School Supply Drive
- September 11th National Day of Service & Remembrance
- Halloween Costume Drive
- First Night Kit
- Animal Shelter Helpers
- Frosty’s Friends
- Coat Drive
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service
Choose a concentration that you are passionate about!
- Project Management: manage donations for up to 4 collection drives per season
- Nonprofit Relations: build relationships with nonprofits and local community organizations
- Social Media/ Marketing: develop marketing content, focusing on social media outlets such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- A flexible schedule, including the ability to work late evenings and occasional weekends
- Interest in event-planning, experience is preferred
- Strong communication skills and professional demeanor
- Ability to multi-task and a strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work independently
- Proven experience with Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with Salesforce and OneDrive is a plus
- Access to a vehicle for daily use
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
About Jersey Cares
Jersey Cares, a nonprofit organization, established in 1993, recruits and engages volunteers in rewarding, effective efforts that address community-identified needs. We collaborate with local nonprofits to identify needs and implement volunteer projects to meet these needs. We provide individuals, families, corporate employees, and community groups with a wide variety of volunteer opportunities that range from tutoring children to painting new murals in schools. To learn more about Jersey Cares, visit https://www.jerseycares.org