This is a Pro Bono Volunteer position. Program Instructors deliver MIT App Inventor curriculum to middle schoolers.
JerseySTEM provides Program Instructors with full training and support to deliver the program.
- Participate in 4 hours of training to learn the program material
- Deliver MIT App Inventor curriculum to middle schoolers. (ages 10-14)
- Be encouraging and supportive of the children’s learning
- Answer student questions, and if needed, check-in with JerseySTEM Program Lead for information
- Provide weekly updates to JerseySTEM program lead
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Understand concepts of Block Coding and willingness to learn and ability to learn program MIT App Inventor curriculum
- Tutoring experience a plus
- Have a computer, cell phone, and reliable internet access
- Matriculated college/grad student or recent graduate
Weekly Time Commitment
- Fall or Spring semester, once a week, 2 hours/week for 10 weeks at school location (we reimburse transportation)
- Within 5-10 miles of your college/university