JEVS Human Services is one of the largest human service agencies of its kind. For the past 70 years, we have served the Greater Philadelphia community and the greater good making hope happen for more than 27,000 individuals annually through a range of programs designed to help individuals overcome quality of life challenges including developmental and emotional disabilities, and also those who are facing adverse socio-economic conditions such as the underemployed and the unemployed.
Currently we have an exciting opportunity with our Work Ready program as a Case Coordinator. Work Ready provides a comprehensive set of employment-oriented services to those receiving Public Assistance benefits, including those who are in need of specific help managing barriers to self-sufficiency.
Job duties for this position will include:
- Provide in home and on site intensive case management support to caseload of DPW recipients.
- Match and link clients with services. Make initial telephone call, and orient the client to various agencies and personnel for specialized counseling and treatment.
- Document all contacts with clients in a timely manner; maintain accurate and timely records of all case management/counseling sessions
- Maintain the integrity and confidentiality of all client information including electronic, hard copy, and filing system.
- In conjunction with the Clinical Staff, develop, prepare and utilize the Service Plans as the primary case management tool for each participant.
- According to the Service Plan, provide regular, ongoing individual counseling to address barriers, encourage achievement of goals and ensure retention of clients
- In conjunction with the Employment Team, schedule clients to participate in workshops, job search, and community service in order to achieve 50% Work Participation Rate (WPR).
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 3 years of human service/case management experience
- Ability to problem solve and collaborate with a variety of customers in the Welfare to Work Industry
- Proficient in MS Office applications (especially MS Word and Excel)
- Willing to work a flexible schedule.
- Extensive inner city travel required.
- Ability to organize multiple tasks in a timely manner
JEVS Human Services is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities. The Agency will not engage in or tolerate unlawful discrimination (including any form of unlawful harassment) on account of a person’s gender, age, race, color, religion, creed, sexual preference or orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military status, veteran status, handicap, disability, or membership in any other protected group. Qualified individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply; reasonable accommodations will be provided.