We have an exciting opportunity within our Independence Network program as a community based Community Support Counselor. The Independence Network program supports individuals with developmental/intellectual disabilities to live, work, and actively participate in a rich and full community life. This is an opportunity for a flexible individual looking to support individuals in Camden, Burlington, and/or Gloucester counties.
- Develop a rapport with assigned individuals and cultivate a safe and supportive relationship
- Contribute to the development of person centered plans that support individuals to pursue their goals and dreams
- Teach independent living skills and develop strategies the individual can rely on to continue to grow in their independence
- Provide guidance and mentoring to support social skills
- Coach individual(s) to establish volunteer opportunities or paid employment
- Assist individuals to fully engage in community activities that match their interests
Skills & Requirements
- 1+ year of experience working with people with intellectual disabilities preferred
- Valid driver’s license required
- Must be able to pass a drug test, criminal history check, and DMV check. Must have a physical completed
- Some college coursework preferred
JEVS Human Services is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities. The Agency will not engage in or tolerate unlawful discrimination (including any form of unlawful harassment) on account of a person’s gender, age, race, color, religion, creed, sexual preference or orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military status, veteran status, handicap, disability, or membership in any other protected group. Qualified individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply; reasonable accommodations will be provided.