JEVS Human Services is looking for a Marketing Communications Manager to join our Communications team. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting event planning activities, creating content for internal and external audiences, and managing advertising.
- Research, develop, execute and evaluate multifaceted, strategic marketing communications and public relations plans for multiple programs. Projects may include media outreach, development of collateral materials, e-marketing, videos, web site, social media, interactive digital media, signage, giveaways, etc.
- Responsible for content messaging, creation, curation and promotion (via editorial calendars) to internal and external audiences across multiple channels, such as social media, JEVS web site, online blogs, newsletters, employee email/intranet, and other digital or print resources.
- Manage traditional and online advertising, negotiate rates/contracts, coordinate scheduling, production, approval and submission of newspaper/magazine ads, web ads, TV/radio commercials, outdoor/transit displays, etc.
- Support event planning activities for various programs, including media outreach/press relations, promotion of event, development of print materials and speaking points/speeches for key participants at event, and other event logistics as needed.
- Assist in the development, writing, editing, maintenance, and distribution of agency-wide e-blasts and publications such as annual report, Guide to Services, agency collateral materials, e-newsletters, event-related publications, and agency web site.
- Participate in department-wide and agency-wide communications
- Accountable for budget planning and assist in tracking expenses of department budget, and ad placement and printing/artwork budgets for programs.
What you bring to the table:
- 5 years of related experience and Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, or Marketing preferred.
- Must possess customer-service orientation and apply high customer service standards in all aspects of work, including working with internal and external customers.
- Must enjoy working with the public and build relationships with print and electronic media and their account representatives.
- Must have capacity to work as a self-starter.
- Must be creative, detail-oriented team player with ability to juggle multiple projects at one time.Excellent writing, editing and project management skills a must.
- Proficient technology skills including website editing (WordPress), Microsoft Office, social media platforms. Experience with digital photography, image editing, customer data bases (Sales Force) and email marketing (Emma, Constant Contact) is a plus.
JEVS Human Services is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities. The Agency will not engage in or tolerate unlawful discrimination (including any form of unlawful harassment) on account of a person’s gender, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, creed, sexual preference or orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military status, veteran status, handicap, disability, or membership in any other protected group. Qualified individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply; reasonable accommodations will be provided.