Position Title: Case Manager – Safe Parking Program
Organization: Jewish Family Service
Position Type: Part-Time, Non-Exempt (5:30pm-9:30pm)
Pay Rate: $17/hour
Benefits: Benefits for this position include a 401(k) plan, medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending accounts, life insurance and generous holiday benefits.
The Safe Parking Program supports families & individuals living in their cars find safety and support with the overall goal of long-term housing stability. The Case Manager is responsible for conducting intakes and assessments and providing ongoing advocacy and resource navigation for participants within the Safe Parking Program. This position will report to the Site Lead.
- Conduct intake and assessments for new participants within 3 days of program enrollment
- Develop service plans with a focus on financial stability and re-housing
- Provide individualize resources and referrals to community programs to increase access to supportive services
- Provide regular and on-going follow up with clients on caseload
- Work collaboratively with other service providers to ensure comprehensive services for program participants
- Maintain up-to-date client records in client management systems
- Complete all required program statistic reporting in a timely and accurate manner
- Provide a high level of customer service
- Assist in oversight of interns during program operations
- Meet for supervision bi-weekly
- Other duties as assigned
Skills/Abilities that are a Must-Have:
- At least one-year experience in a similar role working with housing/homelessness case management services, self-sufficiency services, or equivalent combination of training, education and experience
- Excellent communication and desire to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of local social services/community resources
- Comfort in using a computerized client management system
- Experience working with persons in crisis, implementing brief interventions and researching for resources that address the impacts of poverty
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including regular evening hours and weekends
- Comfort working in an environment where multiple languages are spoken
- Sensitivity to cultural differences present in the organizations/programs service population
- Ability to show an unconditional positive regard for clients who turn to the Safe Parking Lot Program for support
Skills/Abilities we’d like you to Have:
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Previous use of HMIS system is preferred
- Previous training in Motivational Interviewing is preferred
Read to Move Forward:
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume by clicking on the green “Apply Externally” button.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Please, no phone calls. Please, principals only. Please, local candidates only (relocation is not provided).
About Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Jewish Family Service of San Diego is a client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build a stronger, more resilient community. For nearly 100 years, Jewish Family Service has been a trusted resource for the entire community, offering an array of services that are always life-changing, and often life-saving. At Jewish Family Service, we believe our employees are the backbone of our Agency. We strive to ensure that each employee is treated with dignity and respect. Our goal is your success. Come work at JFS and be our partner in Moving Forward Together. To learn more about JFS, please visit jfssd.org.
*Jewish Family Service is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.