Diaper Bank Support specialist
Job Title: Diaper Bank Support Specialist
Organization: Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Position Type: $16-17/hour Part-time; (30 hours) Non-Exempt
Benefits: Benefits for this position include a 401(k) plan, medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending accounts, life insurance and generous holiday benefits.
Overview: The Diaper Bank Support Specialist is responsible for the coordination and execution of JFS’s Diaper Bank provided for Jewish Family Service programs and the surrounding community. This role will fill diaper requests, communicate status of diaper orders with clients, and facilitate diaper distributions at multiple locations throughout north central San Diego. The Support Specialist will support scheduling and training of all diaper volunteers and collaborate with other JFS departments to fill client’s diaper needs. The Diaper Bank will be located primarily at the JFS campus but will also provide distributions at off-site locations. This position will report to the Family and Children’s Hub Coordinator.
What You Will Do:
· Train, monitor and schedule volunteers
· Order and coordinate deliveries of Diapers from the Food bank
· Monitor program needs and make recommendations and adjustments as needed
· Package diaper requests, securing the correct sizes for each individual order
· Lift and transport boxes of diapers to storage using a pallet jack
· Pick up diaper order in North County using a JFS truck, as needed
· Call/email all clients when their order is ready for pickup
· Distribute diaper orders to corresponding clients during diaper distributions at the main campus and secondary distributions at an offsite location (schools, community centers, etc.)
· Catalogue all diaper orders and pickups in the diaper log, pull report from Etoi (JFS’ online database)
· Collaborate with various programs at JFS to provide diapers to their clients
· Be knowledgeable about JFS’s programs, what services they provide, and how to connect clients to them
· Provide outstanding service, managing client’s safety, security, and answering client’s questions and concerns in a timely manner
· Demonstrate ability to maintain confidentiality for staff, clients, the agency, and the community, as appropriate/required
You Will Need:
- High School Diploma required Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Driver’s License and clean driving record
· Minimum of one year of experience in a customer service role
· Ability to provide professional and friendly service in a fast-paced environment
· Must be able to lift 30 pounds repeatedly during a shift
· Must be able to stand, walk, and move for several hours at a time
· Sensitivity to cultural differences present in the organization’s/ program’s service population
· Ability to apply good judgment and critical thinking to carry out instructions and make decisions within scope of authority
· Ability to train volunteers, maintain schedules, and communicate with support and program staff
To Move Forward in the application process:
Please submit your cover letter and resume via the external application link through Handshake.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Please, no phone calls. Principals and local candidates only (relocation is not provided).
About Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Jewish Family Service of San Diego is a client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build a stronger, more resilient community. For more than 100 years, Jewish Family Service has been a trusted resource for the entire community, offering an array of services that are always life-changing, and often lifesaving. At JFS, we believe our employees are the backbone of our agency. We strive to ensure that each employee is treated with dignity and respect. Our goal is your success. Come work at JFS and be our partner in Moving Forward Together. To learn more about JFS, please visit jfssd.org.