Position Title: Resource Navigator/Case Manager – Integrated Services
Organization: Jewish Family Service
Position Type: Part-time, Non-exempt.
The hours per week will be anywhere between 30 to 37.5 hours per week depending on community needs and workload.
Pay Rate: $20 – 22 Hour
Benefits: Benefits for this position include a 401(k) plan, medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending accounts, life insurance and generous holiday benefits.
Overview: The Resource Navigator delivers assistance crucial to enhancing and improving a client’s standard of living, emotional health, physical health, and community health. The Resource Navigator strives to remove barriers that are impeding upon a person’s level of self-sufficiency, including financial challenges, mental health and medical issues, basic need insecurity, and lack of support system/community. This role will support JFS’s case management team in responding to clients with specialized needs, who may be dealing with homelessness, experiencing domestic violence, or other mental health or medical challenges. This position will assist clients in navigating resource systems and break down services to manageable goals to establish patterns of success. The Resource Navigator will coordinate appropriate services and provide ongoing support in order for each client to attain and maintain independence and quality of life. The Resource Navigator will provide care that is client centered, outcome oriented, and time specific, with clients completing their identified goals in approximately three months.
What You Will Do:
· Attend to telephone calls, assessing each situation and screening for high-risk situations
· Provide comprehensive assessments for individuals and families, identifying areas of need and helping clients set goals
· Provide on-going case management and supportive services, in-person and/or via tele-work
· Attend community collaboratives centered around domestic violence services
· Create safety plans for clients in a manner that validates their experience and works towards emotional and physical safety
· Work closely with other case managers/case aides and service providers to coordinate care for shared clients
· Carry a caseload of individuals and families for follow up (estimated 40-50 households)
· Work with the client to formulate and execute realistic and time specific goals
· Provide appropriate external referrals as needed and with a “warm hand-off”
· Ensure clients access any and all public benefit programs for which they are eligible
· Maintain documentation of client interactions in software system with integrity and in line with the quality standard set by supervisor
· Other duties assigned by a supervisor
You Will Need:
· Bachelor’s degree (in a human services field) required with 1-2 years of case management experience
· Master’s Degree in a human service field (e.g. MSW) preferred
· Bilingual in another language preferred
· Minimum of one year of experience in domestic violence support
· Sensitivity to cultural differences present in the organizations/programs service population
· Understanding of trauma informed care
· Experience setting limits when working with stressed clients who are often in some level of urgency
· Ability to show an unconditional positive regard for clients who turn to JFS for support
· Previous training in Motivational Interviewing and Financial Literacy preferred
· Strong written and verbal communications skills
Read to Move Forward:
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to the external application.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Please, no phone calls. Please, principals only. Please, local candidates only (relocation is not provided).
About Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Jewish Family Service of San Diego is a client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build a stronger, more resilient community. For nearly 100 years, Jewish Family Service has been a trusted resource for the entire community, offering an array of services that are always life-changing, and often life-saving. At Jewish Family Service, we believe our employees are the backbone of our Agency. We strive to ensure that each employee is treated with dignity and respect. Our goal is your success. Come work at JFS and be our partner in Moving Forward Together. To learn more about JFS, please visit jfssd.org.
*Jewish Family Service is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.