Position Title: Youth Advisor – Adolescent Family Life Program
Position Type: Part-Time, up to 10 hours a week; Non-Exempt (some evening and/or weekend availability required)
Overview: The Adolescent Family Life Program (AFLP) is a case management program for expectant and parenting youth age 21 and younger to: increase social and emotional support and build resiliency, improve pregnancy planning and spacing, increase education attainment and employability, and increase access to needed services. Youth Advisors will be responsible for ensuring that expectant and parenting youth’s voice and need is incorporated across various agency activities.
What You Will Do:
· Maintain or participate in Local Stakeholder Coalition or collaborative
· Participate in AFLP conference calls, focus groups and webinars with CDPH/MCAH or its representative to provide input and feedback on model development.
· Identify and establish formal and informal partnerships with local community agencies and providers with, medically accurate services and resources that can support expectant and parenting youth.
· Provide Case Managers with knowledge about adolescent pregnancy, parenting, adolescent parent life experience, nutrition, family planning and educational options.
· Participate in maintaining a network of services and resources for clients in San Diego County.
· Assist with outreach services to identify and bring in eligible clients into the program.
· Assist staff with the development of AFLP social media content.
You Will Need:
· Applicant needs to have been a former participant of either AFLP, Cal-Learn, or Graduate of similar program
· 22 years or younger
· High School Diploma or GED
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
· Comfort with and discussing and knowledge of sexual health information, adolescent parent experience
· Understands the importance of, and able to preserve, client confidentiality.
· Good written and oral communication skills
· Sensitivity to cultural differences present in the organization’s/ program’s service population
· Ability to apply good judgment and critical thinking to carry out instructions and make decisions within the scope of authority
Read to Move Forward:
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume. Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Please, no phone calls. Please, principals only. Please, local candidates only (relocation is not provided).
About Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Jewish Family Service of San Diego is a client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build a stronger, more resilient community. For nearly 100 years, Jewish Family Service has been a trusted resource for the entire community, offering an array of services that are always life-changing, and often life-saving. At Jewish Family Service, we believe our employees are the backbone of our Agency. We strive to ensure that each employee is treated with dignity and respect. Our goal is your success. Come work at JFS and be our partner in Moving Forward Together. To learn more about JFS, please visit jfssd.org.
*Jewish Family Service is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.