JK is looking for a talented copywriter who can tell our clients’ stories, engage their audiences, and bring both creative and strategic thinking to every project. Right now we’re looking for freelance support as needed, with an eye to potentially bringing the right person on full time in the future.
Our culture is friendly, flexible, and fast-paced. And even in these challenging times when we can only see each other on screens, we’re collaborating, connecting, and creating great stuff together—while taking work-life balance seriously and treating each other with respect.
If this sounds like your kind of opportunity… read on!
You’ll be responsible for developing creative concepts and persuasive messaging for a wide range of projects and clients, and bringing an engaging and human voice to B2B, B2C, and internal comms work.
This is a virtual role.
- Write compelling copy for a wide range of marketing and communications materials.
- Develop engaging, conversion-focused copy that helps our clients connect with their audiences and tell a consistent brand story across social channels.
- Research and understand each client’s needs and target audiences.
- Work collaboratively with a team of account and creative staff from initial concept development to review of final deliverables.
- Contribute creative ideas and suggestions for improving content.
- Revise copy based on client and internal feedback/direction.
- Perform quality control checks to ensure quality and accuracy.
- Demonstrates exceptional writing skills.
- Seamlessly collaborates, coordinates, and communicates with other team members.
- Actively participates in client and internal meetings, contributing creative and strategic input and constructive comments.
- Consistently meets all assigned deadlines and works within established budgets.
- Is skilled at presenting to clients, interpreting feedback, and providing effective solutions.
- Keeps executive creative director informed in a timely and regular manner of ongoing progress and any challenges/problems.
- Minimum 1-3 years professional copywriting experience (portfolio of creative advertising copy required). B2B experience is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and on a team to meet deadlines.
- Digital/social media/content marketing experience is a plus.
- Proofreading experience and familiarity with standard style guides is a plus.
This position will be based at our headquarters in Hillsborough, NJ. No relocation available; local candidates only. Limited local travel is expected; most client meetings are held via conference or video call. However, some meetings may be held at client sites and other locations as necessary. There may be an opportunity to work remotely from home on a limited basis.
JK Design offers a competitive compensation consistent with current market rates. The hourly rate is negotiable.
Equal Opportunity Employer
JK is an equal opportunity employer. JK prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws (protected characteristics). It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.