Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson is a dynamic, 100% employee-owned consulting firm of more than 1,600 professionals that provides a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, architecture, information technology, and related services to public agencies and private clients throughout the United States. JMT, currently ranked #51 on Engineering News-Record’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms.
JMT’s Columbus Highways team is seeking an Intern to be responsible for various tasks and projects to enhance their experience in the field utilizing their education.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Make edits and updates to existing engineering drawings and projects
- Coordinate with other engineers on project tasks as assigned
- Assemble data and research for engineers to evaluate
- Provide input on solutions to problems using basic theories and engineering fundamentals
- Assist with layout and design of routine small and medium-sized engineering projects
- Develop and prepare specifications and project deliverables
- Maintain accurate and current project documentation
Nonessential Functions and Responsibilities
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Full time student in civil engineering (Junior or Senior)
- Coursework in related field
- Previous internship experience
Work is performed within a general office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require occasional standing and walking. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. within the office environment.
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving
- Job Proficiency
- Job-Focused Learning
- Building Relationships & Teamwork
JMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity, and we are proud to be building an inclusive and diverse workforce