Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson is a dynamic, 100% employee-owned consulting firm of more than 1,600 professionals that provides a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, architecture, information technology, and related services to public agencies and private clients throughout the United States. JMT, currently ranked #51 on Engineering News-Record’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms.
Responsible for working collaboratively with marketing team, engineers, architects, construction professionals, and other subject matter experts to produce high‐quality printed and electronic materials, including resumes and project descriptions, that educate and persuade our target audiences. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated and dynamic individual who is passionate about writing to work in a team environment and accomplish a wide variety of on‐going and new communications, business development, and marketing initiatives. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Support marketing staff with preparation of proposals
- Complete significant amounts of writing to update qualifications materials and professional resumes.
- Plan, coordinate, and write informative and engaging content, and review and edit content written by others.
- Rewrite highly technical and complex engineering project content in a format that is clear and understandable for the intended audience.
- Write project descriptions, based on verbal interviews of technical staff and managers.
- Write employee resumes, including introductory paragraphs and description of work performed on projects.
- Proofread and edit the writing of other staff, including content to support our architectural and engineering proposals.
- Data entry into CRM database system
- Data entry and oversight of Open Asset (JMT’s digital asset management photo database)
- Assist with drafting, formatting, editing and packaging of pursuits
Nonessential Functions and Responsibilities
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have a passion for writing, strong attention to detail, self‐motivated and well organized
- Must have excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Must be able to grasp technical concepts and make them easily understandable in written form
- Currently pursuing a degree in English, Marketing, Business, Communications or related field or equivalent experience. Technical writing course completed as part of college curriculum. Technical writing sample will be required.
- Knowledge of Databases (preferred)
Work is performed within a general office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require occasional standing and walking. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. within the office environment.
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving
- Job Proficiency
- Job-Focused Learning
- Building Relationships & Teamwork
JMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity, and we are proud to be building an inclusive and diverse workforce.