Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson is a dynamic, 100% employee-owned consulting firm of more than 1,600 professionals that provides a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, architecture, information technology, and related services to public agencies and private clients throughout the United States. JMT is currently ranked #52 on Engineering News-Record’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms.
JMT is seeking a Water/Wastewater Design Engineer, looking towards advancement, to join our fast growing consultant engineering practice. The selected candidate will be embedded in a team of experienced project managers and professional engineers working on exciting water infrastructure design including, water distribution, wastewater process, sewer reconstruction and rehabilitation, and pump station projects currently underway in the Mid-Atlantic region. Sponsorship not available for this position.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Work closely with senior engineers to develop construction plans and specifications for various design projects
- Assist with development of technical evaluation memoranda
- Prepare engineering cost estimates
- Prepare construction drawings using 3D design tools
- Demonstrate familiarity with hydraulic designs, water treatment processes, CAD software, engineering economics, preparation of specifications and engineering report writing
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced, high-production office environment, build successful team relationships and maintain positive coworker interactions
- Demonstrate organized practices
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and have flexibility to support time-critical report development and production in order to meet demanding schedules
- Strong computer skills are required: MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with MicroStation, AutoCAD, ArcGIS, and MS Project are a plus
- A bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- A passing grade on the NCEES Fundamentals of Engineering exam is preferred
- 0-5 years’ of experience
Work is performed within a general office environment with some field work required. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require occasional standing and walking. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. within the office environment.
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving
- Creativity and Innovation
- Coordination of Work
- Customer Focus
- Job-Focused Learning
- Planning and Organizing/Time Management
- Building Relationships & Teamwork
- Integrity & Ethics
- Quality Service
JMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity, and we are proud to be building an inclusive and diverse workforce.