Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson is a dynamic, 100% employee-owned consulting firm of more than 1,600 professionals that provides a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, architecture, information technology, and related services to public agencies and private clients throughout the United States. JMT, currently ranked #52 on Engineering News-Record’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms.
JMT is looking for a Water Engineering Intern to work closely with engineers to carry out an array of assigned tasks. The tasks will range from data entry, making changes to existing engineering drawings to design of small engineering projects. Other duties include, but are not limited to, assembling data and assisting with problem-solving requiring basic theories and engineering fundamentals; utilizing computer programs to solve engineering problems; assisting with layout and design of routine small and medium-sized engineering projects, technical report and specification development or preparation, technical evaluation of equipment and material, and maintaining accurate and current project documentation. The ideal candidate will have an interest in pursuing a career in drinking water and wastewater engineering, which may include treatment, pumping stations and pipeline evaluation and designs. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Familiarity with CADD platforms that may include Revit, MicroStation and AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Experience or familiarity with ArcGIS.
- Full time student at the Sophomore, Junior, Senior, or graduate level pursuing a degree in Civil or Environmental or closely related major.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Participate in team-based management style
- Proven track record of innovative solutions
Work is performed within a general office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature but may require occasional standing and walking. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. within the office environment.
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving
- Job Proficiency
- Job-Focused Learning
- Building Relationships & Teamwork
JMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity, and we are proud to be building an inclusive and diverse workforce.