Coordinator, Policy & Advocacy
Location: Flexible (East Coast preferred)
Apply by: 10/22/2021
JFF is a national nonprofit that drives transformation in the American workforce and education systems. For over 35 years, JFF has led the way in designing innovative and scalable solutions that create access to economic advancement for all. Learn more about JFF and join us as we build a future that works.
About the Position:
JFF’s Policy & Advocacy Unit is looking for a Coordinator to join their team! The unit offers fresh ideas on education, workforce, and poverty alleviation issues that prepare students and workers for the jobs of the future and boost our nation’s economy. JFF’s policy experts design and promote policies to help federal, state, and local communities implement and sustain programs that demonstrate the most promise. We synthesize research, evidence, and input from practitioners to inform national policy and debate. The Policy & Advocacy team is dynamic, fast-paced, and results-oriented, and plays a critical role in supporting the cross-organizational work of our unit. It’s an exciting time to join JFF and the team is growing and has ambitious goals.
The Coordinator will play a critical role in supporting our quickly growing Policy & Advocacy team. They will support the team with a variety of administrative tasks, operations activities, and change management. They will also be encouraged to identify ways for the team to operate more efficiently and effectively internally and with other stakeholders across the organization. The Coordinator will report to the Senior Program Manager, Policy & Advocacy.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a curious mindset and be comfortable asking questions, lifting ideas up in team meetings, and learning new systems and processes. This is a compelling opportunity for a detail and people-oriented professional with technology savvy who is interested in gaining more experience related to administration, operations, systems building, and people initiatives.
What You’ll Do:
Administrative Support, Scheduling, & Team Coordination
· Manage agendas and serve as lead documenter for Unit-wide meetings
· Provide scheduling support across Unit-level functions (e.g., conference calls, webinars, and appointments as needed)
· Assist with administrative tasks, such as contracts, billing/invoices, reports, and reimbursements
· Maintain core team internal and external documents
· Assist with onboarding processes for new team members
· Serve as a partner in administering internal surveys and forms and manage any communications around such initiatives
· Provide scheduling and other administrative support to the Policy & Advocacy Assistant Vice President on an as-needed basis, which may include calendar management, travel booking and reimbursement requests, and meeting materials support
· Support coordination of development opportunities
· Procure documents for contract creation for submission to the Fiscal team on behalf of the team and support the full contract process for Policy & Advocacy contracts
· Manage fiscal components for the Unit, including grants management
· Participate in regular portfolio meetings – Development (monthly) and Fiscal (quarterly)
· When feasible, identify data trends and use simple analytics to drive data-driven decision making to move towards the Unit’s strategic goals
· Quickly build trust and rapport with Unit colleagues to effectively liaise between unit-level team members across Organizational Services (development, finance/fiscal, and other teams)
· Build and maintain effective relationships with program teams, the Grant Management team, and the Budget Manager to support ongoing collaboration
· Support training of Unit’s team members in the adoption of new technology and processes
· Institutionalize impact measurement for the Unit to include tracking of strategic goals, objectives, and metrics
· Establish and maintain team systems, procedures, and knowledge management processes for smooth functioning of workflow, including keeping up to date tracking of project deliverables
Who You Are:
· You have 1-2 years of experience and are eager to grow your career in an administrative, operations, and/or support role while working in a fast-paced environment where you can use your curious mindset to learn and grow
· You possess a strong customer-service orientation, with exceptional attention to detail, time, and organizational management skills
· You are a problem solver who is comfortable working independently and operating with a self-starter mentality
· You get excited about coming up with new ideas and using your creativity
· You are comfortable working collaboratively within your team and across the organization
· Your interpersonal and communication skills enable you to build trusting relationships across a diversity of internal and external stakeholders
· You are an adaptive learner, with a willingness to take in new information, perspectives, and data to inform your work
· You contribute to positive, effective, collaborative cultures and teams wherever you work
· You are proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and have a willingness to learn new technologies and tools (e.g., Oracle NetSuite, Adaptive Planning, Workfront, etc.)
· You are interested in growing your skills in data management to support others in making data-driven decisions
· You hold exceptionally high standards for confidentiality, possess high energy and passion for JFF’s mission and the ability to apply JFF’s core values to all areas of your work
· You model inclusive leadership, working effectively with diverse staff, and building and stewarding an organizational culture that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion
· You demonstrate a growth mindset and a desire to continuously improve in your work and approach
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at JFF:
JFF is committed to sustaining a diverse community with a work environment that is welcoming, respectful, and encouraging to all. JFF fosters a culture of inclusion that celebrates and cultivates diversity along multiple dimensions, including race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, socioeconomic status, religion, ability, culture, and experience.
We are accepting applications through October 22, 2021. Applications submitted by that date will be reviewed and candidates will receive updates on their candidacy by the week of October 25th, 2021.
JFF offers a competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience and skills.