Bricks and Mortals is looking for a volunteer to join our New York based team. Bricks and Mortals is a grassroots membership organization comprised of individuals and organizations from faith-based institutions and real-estate experts. We seek to provide creative and sustaining solutions to struggling houses of worship to experts and financial resources so houses of worship can thrive in NYC. We provide creative and sustaining solutions to help houses of worship thrive amidst the costly and challenging landscape of operating in New York City.
B&M was founded in 2019 and based at Judson Memorial Church, off Washington Square Park in the heart of the Village. We are independently Incorporated and Judson is currently our fiscal sponsor as we are in the process of applying for 501(c)(3). This position reports directly to our Executive Director.
The duration of this volunteer position is 3 months and tasks include:
- Managing the Bricks and Mortals Instagram and Twitter accounts
- Contributing of content for the Bricks and Mortals, or other websites
- Drafting and editing communications materials for B&M and its programs
- Assisting in the creation and execution of B&M training programs
- Reaching out to potential membership congregations
Our ideal volunteer:
- Has a background in marketing and communications
- Strong organizational skills and is a team player
- Has excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Has a working knowledge of Google Drive, and Dropbox
- Has some graphic design experience or is comfortable using programs such as Canva or Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom
- Has experience in website management
- Has experience in ecumenical or interreligious spaces
- Is a quick learner
- Has experience and a desire to work with and reach out to diverse communities
All Bricks and Mortals employees and volunteers continue to work remotely until further notice.
We’re happy to work with students to get credit for this internship.