Bricks and Mortals is looking for a volunteer to join our New York based team. Bricks and Mortals is a grassroots membership organization comprised of individuals and organizations from faith-based institutions and real-estate experts. We seek to provide creative and sustaining solutions to struggling houses of worship to experts and financial resources so houses of worship can thrive in NYC. We provide creative and sustaining solutions to help houses of worship thrive amidst the costly and challenging landscape of operating in New York City.
B&M was founded in 2019 and based at Judson Memorial Church, off Washington Square Park in the heart of the Village. We are independently Incorporated and Judson is currently our fiscal sponsor as we are in the process of applying for 501(c)(3). This position reports directly to our Executive Director.
The duration of this volunteer position is 3 months and tasks will include:
- Building B&M membership, including research on and outreach to individual interfaith houses of faith, other faith-based organizations, and real estate experts (architects, developers, brokers, etc) throughout NYC
- Liaising with current members, and outreach to individual members of the B&M board and committee
- Creating materials for membership and for outreach
- Tracking outreach, pledges and commitments via excel and Google Drive
The ideal candidate:
- Has a background in building membership, communication, campaigns, or similar.
- Has a strong organizational skills, is a team player and a quick learner
- Is very comfortable speaking to a wide variety of communities, and has excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Has a working knowledge of Google Drive
- Has experience and a desire to work with and reach out to diverse communities; experience in ecumenical or interreligious spaces is desired but not required
All Bricks and Mortals employees and volunteers continue to work remotely until further notice.
We are independently Incorporated and Judson is currently our fiscal sponsor as we are in the process of applying for 501(c)(3).