Justin Krebs 2021 Seeks Deputy Field Director/Field Organizer
Justin Krebs is seeking a Deputy Field Director/Field Organizer for his City Council campaign to represent the 39th district in Brooklyn. The role starts in May/June and runs through the June 22, 2021 Democratic Primary.
Justin is a political and community organizer with a background in national and local progressive campaigning. He runs the national campaigns team at MoveOn, and has deep experience in arts, culture, civic participation, and parks in New York City. He’s a published author, the founder of the Living Liberally national network of progressive social clubs (including Drinking Liberally happy hours and Laughing Liberally comedy shows), and of The Tank, a non-profit home for emerging artists. Justin and his wife Casey, a midwife, birth educator and small business owner, have three kids in the local public school.
Justin is running to be an energetic, creative council member who brings people together to get things done. He has a history of creating volunteer-driven projects that fuel collective action and is looking for that same spirit in this campaign.
- Executing a robust voter contact program using phones, P2P SMS, digital, relational, and other creative forms of voter outreach
- Completing 2-3 canvassing packets each day, including an ambitious weekly door goal
- Helping to build and training in-district volunteer capacity to reach ambitious voter contact goals
- Managing a team of interns
- Hitting daily call time goals
- Other relevant responsibilities as needed
- Support on developing messaging, collateral, and other materials
An Ideal Candidate Has:
- Lives in/can relocate to Brooklyn
- A commitment to progressive Democratic politics
- Experience managing volunteer teams
- Familiarity with local politics, details of municipal campaigns in NYC
- Genuine connection to the communities in the 39th district a plus
- Commitment to bringing an equity orientation to campaigning and team management
- Engaging, upbeat personality who can rally others to give their all
- 1+ cycle of organizing experience on a competitive political campaign
- Experience with VAN
How To Apply Submit resume with three professional references to email@example.com by May 10th.
Location: Relocation to NYC area required
We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religious creed, national origin, non-disqualifying handicap, veteran status, marital status, sex, sexual orientation or upon any other unlawful basis.