About the Firm
JVM Lending is an exceptionally dynamic, unique and tech-oriented mortgage lender seeking to disrupt our industry. We are headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area and more specifically in Downtown Walnut Creek – located 20 miles east of San Francisco. This role will be based out of our Plano, TX office with a 3-6 month temporary relocation to CA for training. Significant relocation compensation will be provided. The Client Advisor and Analyst role also offers the opportunity for permanent relocation to CA if desired.
What makes JVM different from other companies in the mortgage space is our extremely strong desire to maintain an outstanding culture and promote cohesive teamwork at all times. Another differing factor is that we prefer to hire individuals with little to no experience in our industry – JVM trains all new team members from top to bottom with our unique, unrivaled training program. The Client Advisor and Analyst position is challenging, but the culture and work environment are collaborative, open and simply fun – creating an experience that is both intense and rewarding. Team members have substantial autonomy and influence in management decisions at all levels. In addition to our focus on teamwork and culture, JVM also places a strong emphasis on exemplary customer service. We are extremely proud of our outstanding online and social reputation in the marketplace.
To accommodate our increasing rapid growth, we are looking for ambitious and driven individuals to join the JVM team. A successful JVM team member is hard-working, intelligent, and well rounded. We are inspired by people with a good sense of humor, willingness to learn, willingness to succeed, and just plain grit. Companywide monthly team bonuses, based on our total volume of business, is a major part of team members’ compensation on top of their base salary. Most of our salaried team members (Mortgage Analysts, Client Advisors, Closing Specialists) earn six figures in annual compensation within their first two years at JVM. Our headquarters are located in Downtown Walnut Creek – 20 miles east of San Francisco. Please note that we are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
- You are highly motivated and thrive on a team where you can make a big impact.
- You don’t like to settle but instead, opt for a path that allows you to rapidly increase your responsibilities and grow within an organization.
- You think big and want to transform the way an entire industry operates.
What You Will Do
- Take and pass JVM’s extensive mortgage lending training program.
- Engage referral sources on a daily basis.
- Prospect and cultivate new client referrals on a daily basis.
- Educate clients in regard to the homebuying process.
- Educate clients in regard to mortgage refinancing opportunities.
- Act as a self-starter while leveraging cross-functional collaboration wherever appropriate.
- Employ a consultative approach in assessing clients’ needs and developing an understanding of the challenges.
- Communicate clearly and concisely when discussing lending practices and procedures with clients.
- Continuously study current market conditions and the lending regulatory environment, with a focus on educating yourself and team members.
- Nurture relationships with clients, referral sources, and team members.
- Monitor practices and systems to ensure compliance in a dynamic and complex regulatory environment.
- Assess and convey current market conditions to clients and referral sources.
- Diligently track data and maintain company referral database with real-time information.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 1+ years of relevant experience in direct sales.
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record.
- No industry-specific experience required (we have an extensive training program that every new team member goes through).
- Proven track record of constantly meeting or exceeding sales goals.
- Service-oriented team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work efficiently with a cross-functional team, managing multiple projects.
- Proficiency in Salesforce and familiarity with sales enablement tools like Outreach.io.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be tech-savvy.
- Capacity to learn and absorb a very large quantity of information quickly.
- Must be receptive to ongoing, constructive feedback.
Compensation & Benefits
- $75,000 (base + bonus) plus full benefits package.
- Significant temporary relocation compensation