Our team is energetic, active and fun. Our employees have support, training and resources to deliver results to our members, and clients.
We are looking for enthusiastic, coachable personal trainers to add to our dynamic team. We believe in the growth of our employees and have a focus on education and creating a culture of curiosity.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
– Ensuring the best overall member experience within their scope
– Creating and implementing exercise programs for one on one personal training clients
– Performing assessments of new members and recurring clients
– Facilitating the sale of appropriate training packages
– Working on the fitness floor to maintain cleanliness, safety and support the member experience
– Execute floor events highlighting their strengths and skills
– Applying their expertise to small group training
· Be the facility goodwill ambassador and greet and assist member
· Develop relationships and encourage member referrals
· Enforce Kaplen JCC polices, such as cell phone use, etc.
· Attend fitness department and fitness training meetings and continuing education classes
- Complete administrative duties related to programming, reporting hours and scheduling training sessions with clients
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications
- Communication skills, including comfort with Windows Office, Google Drive and email.
- Smartphone as you will be using the JCCOTP App
- Operational knowledge of resistance training equipment and proper form.
- Currently certified through one of the nationally accredited industry associations (NASM, ACSM, NSCA, ACE, etc.) OR willing to get certified within 90 days of employment
- Degree in Exercise Science related field a bonus!
- Must have a current personal trainer certification
- Must have current CPR/AED certification
- Four (4) years college degree in fitness related field or certificate from accredited 2-year program at a university preferred.
- Proof of citizenship or legal status.