Property Claims Intern
Train to become a Property Claims Analyst throughout your last few years of college! Interns will gain hands-on experience on how to evaluate small Commercial Property claims. You will also learn to read standard ISO policies, evaluate first party losses and comply with NJ, NY and CA claims regulations. There is an opportunity for qualified and knowledgeable candidates to be hired as full time analysts in the end.
- Review new incoming claims and monitor activity for open claims including, but not limited to, the establishment of diary dates, reserve reviews, tasks, file notes, claim resolution, etc.
- Utilize systems, such as ImageRight, Outlook and Majesco, create tasks and update activities in a timely manner.
- Draft coverage position letters.
- Review the entire claim file to ultimately determine claim resolution and process loss payments.
- Promptly respond to inquiries from insureds, brokers, and other internal communication.
- Timely review and process of all vendor bills for each claim.
- Assist senior level analysts with adjustment spreadsheets and inventory reviews.
- College Juniors and Seniors
- All majors are welcomed
- Interest in insurance, math or legal field is a plus.
Qualification and Skills
- Knowledge of Windows, Excel and Outlook.
- Analytical skills
- Negotiation skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to solve diverse problems
- Detail oriented and independent