Kearfott Corporation, a global avionics, motion control and navigation supplier for over 100 years, is a leader in the design and manufacture of precision motion control products and inertial control components. Our inertial guidance and navigation systems control military and commercial aircraft, military land vehicles, missiles, marine vehicles, satellites, and space instruments.
We are looking for talented individuals who want to be part of a world class work force. Join Kearfott and become part of a company that is recognized for technical expertise and respected world-wide as a ‘full service’ provider. For more information visit our website at www.kearfott.com.
The qualified candidate will become part of the Kearfott Motion Systems Materials Management team. The selected candidate will work in a dynamic detail-focused environment where you will work directly with experienced Purchasing, Planning, Stock Room, and Program Management personnel to enhance your skills and develop a higher level of confidence in your capabilities.
Team members are expected to have the skills to help analyze data, communicate statuses, interact with all other Departments in order to compile data and be responsible for performing various administrative and clerical tasks in support of the Materials Management Department. Through the intern program, we are looking to find the next wave of talent to drive these efforts.
- Assist in reviewing and improving current Kanban process already in existence to include enhanced lot/batch tracking, making it easier on operators to use, and update appropriate policies and procedures.
- Generate and analyze reports as requested.
- Program, load, and help in training warehouse staff and operators on use of new industrial vending machine.
- Enter purchase requisitions and purchase orders into MRP as requested and in accordance with standard practices and procedures.
- Review data and make appropriate adjustments in ERPS for updated chemical purchases and other items containing shelf life
- Other responsibilities may include: problem identification, improvement ideas/concerns.
- Completed at least sophomore year of college/university.
- Must be able to work full-time (40 hours per week) for a minimum of 10 weeks during the summer 2021 semester.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S., visa sponsorship not available.
- Must be highly organized, self-motivated, and thoroughly attentive to detail in all actions.
- Must have excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills and be able to communicate across all levels and functions of the organization.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently and still meet deadlines assigned.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college/university degree program pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business Administration, Entrepreneurship, and/or Supply Chain Management.
- GPA of 3.2 or above preferred.
- Demonstrate problem solving skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation communication skills.