Teacher of the Deaf
Districtwide • Part-time • 10-Month Position
2 Days per Week 9:00-3:00
Anticipated Start Date: December 6, 2021
1. Valid NJDOE Teacher of the Deaf/Hard of Hearing for Oral/Aural Communication Certificate along with a valid NJDOE Instructional Certificate.
2. Ability to effectively use amplification equipment (hearing aids, FM/sound field systems, cochlear implants, etc.).
3. Familiarity with Phonak, Auditory training and speech reading practices a plus.
4. Knowledge of instruction in oral and written vocabulary and connected language and practical application of principles, practices, methods, and strategies applicable to DHH students.
5. Experience providing support across educational environments and systems of service to DHH students and assessment of students on the caseload, inputting goals and present levels, and progress marks into the IEP preferred.
6. Required criminal history background check and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status.
REPORTS TO: Director of Student Personnel Services
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Rate prorated based on salary Step 1 $65,447-BA or Step 1 $73,552-MA. Refer to terms of collective bargaining agreement (pending completion of negotiations).