Kennedys is looking for a Collections Specialist to join our US Finance Team based in Basking Ridge, New Jersey. No prior Collections experience is required. If you are good with numbers, have strong attention-to-detail, like to solve problems, and are quick to learn software applications, you would be a great fit for this role.
This position works closely with our attorneys, clients and other Finance Team staff, so you must be comfortable communicating with senior level partners as well as clerical staff. This position also entails working closely with clients to help facilitate timely payments and pay old debt.
Strong candidates should enjoy working independently as well as being part of a cohesive team. Candidates should have solid writing and verbal skills. Robust organizational skills are also a must as they ensure good workflow management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Must have initiative, attention-to-detail, can-do attitude
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Must be a quick learner, comfortable learning computer/accounting software, and comfortable managing Excel spreadsheets
- Be able to handle high volume workflow in fast paced environment
- Associate’s/Bachelor’s degree.
- Working knowledge of a collection control functions and legal billing procedures and cycles.
- Working knowledge of Elite 3e or similar financial systems.
- Working knowledge of the e-billing systems for law firms.