The Accounts Receivable Collections Specialist is responsible for managing outstanding AR and working with customers to secure payments on delinquent accounts.
Duties and responsibilities
- Collects Accounts Receivable (AR) for assigned region.
- Assures timely collection of open account balance by monitoring AR and managing/prioritizing account portfolio.
- Contacts customers by phone/email to collect outstanding debt.
- Spends 20 hours/week on the phone with delinquent customers.
- Researches contact information.
- Resolves discrepancies for all assigned accounts.
- Responds to daily customer calls and inquiry.
- Sends dunning letters in a timely manner.
- Performs accounts receivable analysis and reporting.
- Maintains accurate records and notes.
- Processes credit card and ACH payments on the Keter website.
- Enters PVR collection notes into MAS- and follows up on action items.
- Works with regional manager to collect delinquent accounts.
- Provides billing specialist with updated account information.
- Works with cash app to ensure payment is properly applied.
- Visits malls to collect, assist with tenant education and/or conduct mall audit.
*Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree /Associates Degree in Business area or Accounting strongly preferred.
- Proven track record with at least a minimum of 3 years’ experience in accounts receivable and billing processes. Prior experience managing high-volume portfolios.
- Solid Customer Service experience; ability to interact with a variety of people in a positive, courteous and professional manner.
- Excellent negotiation and decision-making skills; critical thinker by nature with great attention to detail.
- Must possess excellent organizational, time management and communication skills. Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Proficient in Word and Excel; some experience with sophisticated accounting software required.