As a Field Engineer, you bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality and unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building “the next big thing” from the ground up. There’s a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won’t find anywhere else. Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make make a difference in our construction operations. Whether we’re boring tunnels through mountains, turning rivers into energy or building bridges that connect communities, we depend on our passionate, skilled, and safety-obsessed construction professionals to get it done right.
Kiewit’s Eastern District specializes in challenging heavy civil construction projects throughout the Northeast, including the metropolitan areas of New York, Chicago, Boston, and Washington DC. We are leaders in bridge, transit, foundation, tunnel, and water/wastewater construction while specializing in cast-in-place concrete, structural steel erection, earthwork, pile driving, and caissons. Kiewit’s Eastern District also has a large amount of work in the energy/power sector in various northeast locations. With our experienced and dedicated employees, extensive resources and in-depth market knowledge, the Eastern District can handle projects of any size.
One of the many things that makes Kiewit’s culture unique is that we go where the work is, which exposes your career to abundant opportunities. We relocate our teams based on the work that is available, combined with the development plans, skill sets and career goals of each team member. This means your Kiewit adventure is custom-designed to meet our shared needs.
•Assist in interpretation of drawings and specifications for field crews and craft supervision
•Perform quantity calculations by taking measurements and determining percentage of completed/installed materials and work
•Assist in the preparation of work plans and work packages
•Assist in field surveying and work layout support including elevation, control points, and compilation of as-built data
•Assist in compiling, processing, and confirming daily labor timesheets
•Assist in the preparation of Job Hazard Analysis (JHA’s)
•Participate in jobsite safety reviews, toolbox meetings, mass safety meetings, and safety training
•Order and schedule material deliveries
•Plan, schedule, and coordinate work groups on the jobsite
•Supervise field operations
• Ability to travel and relocate as needed
• Undergraduate or graduate degree in civil engineering, construction management or related degree
• Work experience in engineering and leading engineers
• Undergraduate degree in civil engineering, construction management, or related
• Ability to read, analyze and identify discrepancies on engineering plans, specifications, and contract documents
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment
• Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
• Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.