Location: Waltham, MA, US Boston, MA, US Lake Charles, LA, US LaVerne, CA, US Gregory, TX, US
Requisition ID: 110339
Job Level: Entry Level
Department: Project Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
As a Field Engineer, you bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality and unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building “the next big thing” from the ground up. There’s a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won’t find anywhere else. Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make make a difference in our construction operations. Whether we’re boring tunnels through mountains, turning rivers into energy or building bridges that connect communities, we depend on our passionate, skilled, and safety-obsessed construction professionals to get it done right.
Mass Electric Construction Co. is a subsidiary of the Kiewit Corporation. Since our founding in 1928 in Boston, Massachusetts, Mass. Electric Construction’s philosophy has been to pursue electrical projects that require a higher level of technical and logistical skill. MEC Industrial has organized strategically to actively participate and capture projects in the growing industrial market. We intend to effectively compete and win in traditional and alternate delivery procurements and position ourselves for a sustainable future. We self-perform the majority of our work and are looking for people committed to the industrial construction industry.
One of the many things that makes Kiewit’s culture unique is that we go where the work is, which exposes your career to abundant opportunities. We relocate our teams based on the work that is available, combined with the development plans, skill sets and career goals of each team member. This means your Kiewit adventure is custom-designed to meet our shared needs. MEC Industrial is based out of Waltham, MA and has work all across the country. Job assignment location will be determined closer to your start date. Must be able to travel and relocate as frequently as business needs require. These projects are happening in large cities and small towns, so you have a chance to experience it all!
Our Entry Level Field/Office Engineers provide support for electrical construction operations. During the first few years at Mass. Electric you might expect to spend time in positions involving field engineering, cost engineering, estimating and engineering support. Duties may include but are not limited to:
• Tracking of installed quantities
• Forecasting future quantities
• Takeoffs and estimating assignments
• Creation of as-built drawings using AutoCAD
• Material submittals
• Undergraduate or graduate degree in construction management, construction engineering, civil engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, engineering technology or related engineering fields
• Minimum overall GPA of 2.7
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Effective verbal, written and presentation skills
• Able to work independently as well as part of a team
• Must be able to access all points of a construction site
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in a wide-ranging climates and environments
• Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
• Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals, and objectives
Other common names for this role: Project Engineer, Office Engineer, Engineer 1, Engineer I
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.