Human Resources Specialist
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Human Resources Manager
The Human Resources Specialist is responsible for supporting the Human Resources Manager in meeting Kimmel Center Inc.’s strategic plan as it relates to the human resources function. The primary function is to provide support in the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources department, recruitment, HR administration, training & development, performance & reward management, HRIS, employee relations, and HR planning.
- Provides HR support to all Kimmel Center and Ticket Philadelphia employees by serving as the first point of contact for all HR matters (benefits, compensation, policies, leaves of absences, onboarding, exiting, etc.) and managing related administrative concerns
- Assists Human Resources Manager with special projects and strategic initiatives
- Partners with management to standardize all HR related processes, policies, and procedures
- Manages and troubleshoot all benefits enrollments, termination and changes, ensuring that all transaction are aligned with the Kimmel Center’s benefits policies and contracts
- Administers FMLA, STD, LTD, Workers Compensation and other types of leave programs
- Recruits for staff and middle management positions by coordinating with recruiting manager, conducting interviews, reference and background checks, making job offers, etc.
- Arranges for temporary staffing as needed, conducting interviews and coordinating with temp agencies
- Administers the onboarding of new hires, including: all relevant paperwork, new hire orientations, and serving as the main point of contact for all HR related matters
- Manages and coordinates co-op and intern programs and intern initiatives across departments
- Assists HR Manager with performance review process
- Maintain and record all employee information and changes in the HRIS system ensuring that all information is accurate and up to date
- Administers HRIS , runs periodic reports and provides ad hoc reports
- Administers classes for the Employee Training Program by partnering with various facilitators
- Maintains employee personnel and benefit files, ensuring data is current, accurate, and complete
- Coordinates various employee events including holiday parties, happy hours, and service awards
- Performs additional human resources duties and responsibilities as directed
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Business, Human Resources or related subject, or equivalent education or experience
- 2-4 years experience in a Human Resources department
- Adept at using ADP
- Knowledge of human resources practices and procedures
- Outstanding customer services skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Strong organizational ability, attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Proficient in MS Office, especially Excel
- Ability to deal with HR matters in confidential, objective and professional manner
- Excellent communication skills
The Kimmel Center, Inc. is committed to playing a strong role in a united Philadelphia in which diverse communities see themselves represented in the arts both onstage and off. Applications from female and minority candidates are highly encouraged.
To apply for this position, send your cover letter and resume to Kimmel Center Human Resources:
Kimmel Center, Inc.
1500 Walnut Street, 17th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Located in the heart of Center City, Philadelphia, the Kimmel Cultural Campus’ mission is to engage the region’s diverse communities with art through performance and education. Our Cultural Campus serves more than 1 million guests per year and includes the Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts, the Academy of Music, and the Merriam Theater- representing more than 160 years of rich history for the performing arts along Philadelphia’s Avenue of the Arts.
We are home to eight esteemed Resident Companies: The Philadelphia Orchestra, Opera Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Ballet, The Philly POPS, PHILADANCO, The Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia, The Philadelphia Chamber Music Society, and Curtis Institute of Music. With nearly 9,000 seats per night across our 9 event venues, we are the region’s most impactful performing arts center, and the second largest in the country. Our Cultural Campus serves as a preeminent and inclusive place to enjoy exceptional experiences that reflect the spirit of our region by cultivating a creative and socially-responsible environment where our community shares experiences that are delivered with pride, integrity, and respect.
The Kimmel Cultural Campus is the Managing Partner of Ticket Philadelphia, a partnership which provides ticketing and customer service services to the Campus, the Philadelphia Orchestra and other Resident Companies on the Kimmel Cultural Campus. As a 501 c 3 nonprofit organization, we collaborate on, present, and produce a broad range of relevant and meaningful events, we serve as an active gathering space for social and community events, we educate the region’s young people through access to quality arts experiences, and we provide support to artists in the creation of new work. For additional information, visit www.kimmelcenter.org.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
The diversity of our region is our strength, and we are dedicated to creating a diverse and inclusive cultural campus that reflects our commitment to an environment where everyone feels welcome and valued onstage and off. See our year-end diversity and inclusion report here: Diversity and Inclusion Report
We engage the region’s diverse communities in art through performance and education. Our cultural campus serves as an inclusive and preeminent place to enjoy exceptional experiences that reflect the spirit of the Philadelphia region. The principal means by which The Kimmel Cultural Campus achieves its mission include:
- People: Cultivate a creative, inclusive, socially responsible community where artists, guests, staff, donors, and volunteers share experiences that are delivered with pride and integrity.
- Exceptional Experiences: Collaborate, present, and produce to ensure a broad range of relevant and meaningful performances, events, and artistic programs, including support to artists in the creation of new work for the Campus that serves the region’s audiences.
- Arts Education: Educate the region’s young people through access to quality arts experiences and multi-year opportunities to see, make, and understand the performing arts both on-campus and in communities.
- The Cultural Campus: Operate venues and nurture assets that deliver diverse and vital arts experiences, are a proud home to our Resident Companies, and are active gathering spaces for social and community events. These venues include the Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts, The Academy of Music, and the Merriam Theater.
Transforming lives daily through the arts
The Kimmel Cultural Campus believes that the arts build strong communities and are essential to enhance the human experience.