The Performance Associate, in conjunction with the House Manager on duty, is responsible for the overall front of house event operations on a per-event basis in their assigned venue. Performance Associates will be an on-site representative of the Campus Experience team and will be a point of contact for artists’ teams and staff, providing information as requested and ensuring front of house needs are met. This role will help to manage vaccination check points and ensure compliance outside of their assigned venue. This will include approving and processing refunds in coordination with box office staff. In the absence of a House Manager, the Performance Associate assumes those responsibilities and is considered “House Manager on duty.”
- This role will be vital in helping to manage vaccination check points and compliances and while or in addition to dealing with guest complaints directly related to vaccination or COVID-19 testing
- Oversees Usher staff; providing direction, guidance and issuing written discipline as necessary
- Creates exceptional experiences for guests and team members
- Coordinates with Venue Manager and House Manager on duty to lead pre-event meeting to provide Ushers with relevant information relating to the day’s event(s)
- Serves as point of contact for front of house information and needs, ensures lobby is open and all doors are accessible to guests on schedule
- Resolves guests’ issues, such as broken seats, double-booking, accommodating guests needing special accommodation, etc.
- Refuses admittance to and/or removes (coordinating with house manager on duty and security personnel) guests whose behavior is erratic and/or in violation of KCI policies or those set forth by the artist
- Communicates with Production Manager to ensure needs of the production are balanced with the needs of guests (i.e. requesting a performance start a few minutes late to accommodate late-arriving guests)
- Communicates and coordinates with concessions staff to ensure event info (including timings) is relayed
- Communicates and coordinates with engineering staff to relay concerns relating to climate control, maintenance needs, safety concerns, etc.
- Communicates and coordinates with housekeeping staff to ensure venue is clean and stocked prior to, during, and after performances
- Serves as liaison to box office team and coordinates with them to resolve seating issues
- Accurately records start, end and intermission timings of performances
- Counts and records event attendance
- Generates and distributes performance reports to specified distribution lists with accurate account of the event and any pertinent details that will aid other teams in answering questions about the performance
- Coordinates with artists’ staff regarding merchandise sales, front of house policies, artist meet and greet procedures, etc.
- Relays emergency calls to security personnel so they may respond and assess quickly
- In the event of an emergency, together with the security supervisor on duty and house manager on duty, determines action to be taken, up to and including evacuation
- In the event of an emergency evacuation, coordinates with house manager on duty and security personnel and communicates procedures to head usher and ushers to ensure all guests exit safely and quickly
- Assists security personnel and ushers in ensuring guests’ adherence to safety guidelines throughout the venue
- Ensures all guests have exited the venue and / or building and that all doors are secured prior to signing out
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Excellent customer service skills
- Prior experience providing customer service in a busy theatrical environment
- Ability to deal with guests in a gracious, informed and respectful manner
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience managing teams of 30 or more people
- Ability to problem solve under pressure
Environment, Physical demands and other conditions:
- Availability to work a varied schedule including daytime, evenings, weekends, holidays as performance schedule requires.
- Ability to stand/walk for long periods of time up to four (4) hours
The Kimmel Center, Inc. is committed to playing a strong role in a united Philadelphia in which diverse communities see themselves represented in the arts both onstage and off.
To apply for this position, send your cover letter and resume to Kimmel Center Human Resources:
Kimmel Center, Inc.
1500 Walnut Street, 17th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19102