*This position is currently available as a remote internship due to COVID-19.
Kirstin Care OMHC is a growing mental health organization that is operating in the Maryland area that provides professional services for adults and their families. We are looking for an undergraduate or masters level intern that is able to work in a fast-paced environment, have excellent communication, organization and time management skills.
Our services consist of individualized clinical treatment and rehabilitation services to homeless veterans and individuals with mental health and substance abuse issues. Our services are comprised of stable housing for homeless veterans, comprehensive counseling services, Psychiatric Rehabilitation Program services (PRP), Supported Employment services (SE), Intensive Outpatient services (IOP), Health Home (HH), DUI/DWI Education classes, and Level 1 Outpatient Substance Abuse treatment.
- Ensure that provider services are being delivered in accordance with all licensing and regulatory bodies (COMAR, CARF).
- Provide information in response to requests from clients, family members, providers, and other stakeholders (Also online reviews)
- Identify and help resolve barriers to accessing services
- Review and evaluate information on service delivery system methods, outputs, and activities to identify gaps in resources and recommend improvement
- Participate in evaluating program quality effectiveness, provide technical assistance and create plans and recommendations for improving quality and effectiveness
- Work as a member of an interdisciplinary team to address compliance and quality issues
- Gather, evaluate and analyze data to resolve issues and provide recommendations on the appropriate course of action for specific initiatives and projects on provider compliance and quality of service.
- The intern will assist with managing provider complaints, investigations, and critical incidents.
- Assists in ensuring services are rendered in accordance with all federal, state, insurance and Agency regulations and policies
- Conducts random file and record reviews for quality and compliance and identifies opportunities for improvement in both areas (Mock Audit Days)
- Submits QA reports and presents feedback to Director of Operations, Clinical Director, CEO
- Participates in the design, execution and analysis of evaluations and training to assure compliance and enhance quality
- Reviews existing compliance processes and procedures and recommends improvements when necessary
- Other responsibilities as requested by management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services field (e.g. psychology, social work, counseling) or related field. (Also accepting current students in these programs)
- Master’s in psychology, social work, counseling) or related field. (Also accepting current students in these programs)
- Related experience in clinical documentation, auditing, quality improvement,compliance with COMAR, CARF, and OPTUM regulations
- The mentoring plan for this internship includes having the intern be supervised by our executive team.
- Our team will supervise the intern regularly and provide a performance evaluation on a month to month basis.
*Students may receive educational credit for all our internships